Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Reno, NV
Company: R Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Looking for Consultants who can work on W2 only (U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time, No agency resumes). Skills Required
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Strong engineering or science background.
- Significant experience developing reliable C and C++ applications for commercial use.
- Experience developing for Linux and Windows environments (console and desktop apps).
- Comfortable using common lab equipment (e.g., scopes, multimeters, etc.) for coupled software-hardware debugging.
- Proven ability to lead a small software team, including project scheduling, setting technical standards, leading code reviews, leading projects from conceptualization to productisation.
- Experience in formal software development cycle including software architecture, code development, verification and validation, and quality assurance.
- Should have developed IoT applications on Linux as well as Windows platform.Responsibilities
- Our client develop a low-cost chemical detection system capable of detecting and identifying a wide variety of chemicals in vapor, solid or liquid form.
- You will be responsible for leading our development team which produces a wide variety of software including embedded firmware, Windows desktop applications, Windows and Linux console applications, backend database systems, and more.
- Player and coach - lead a small team but also be a hands-on developer with project deliverables.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (electrical, mechanical, sensor development, manufacturing, and quality) to define and deliver software projects.
- Ensure delivery of high quality code and supporting documentation.
- Management responsibilities include setting priorities and goals, performing reviews, coaching and developing team members, status reporting.Desirable
- Experience with electro-mechanical sensor systems and related algorithms, software development, data analysis, and testing.
- Familiar with common serial communications protocols: UART, I2C, SPI.
- Experience developing safety-critical software.
- Experience with embedded operating systems (e.g. Micrium, VxWorks, etc.).
- Experience developing end-to-end IoT systems.
- Experience implementing machine-learning techniques for regression and classification problems. For more information, feel free to call Vivek: / R Systems Inc specialized IT Services & Solutions and IT-enabled Services provider catering to a wide range of global customers. We are endowed with some of the industry's highest quality certifications and standards, including CMMI Level 5, PCMM Level 5, ISO 27001:2005 and ISO 9001:2008. Our strength lies in our quality procedures, delivery and operational excellence, customer-centric approach, intellectual capital, and culture of innovation. With a rich legacy spread over two decades, we generate Value that helps organizations transcend to higher levels of efficiency and growth. - provided by Dice embedded
Keywords: R Systems, Inc., Reno , Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Reno, NV, IT / Software / Systems , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!