Director of Information Systems
Company: Barton HealthCare System
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Career Opportunities: Director of Information Systems (25231)
Req Id--25231-----Posted--11/18/2020-----CA-----South Lake
Tahoe-----Barton Memorial Hospital-----Management-----Full-Time
Consistently Exceptional Care Barton Health is a not-for-profit,
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, race or handicap in
its relationship with patients, visitors or employees. Mission
Barton Health is dedicated to the delivery of safe, high quality
health care to community members and visitors. We are committed to
compassionate, personalized, comprehensive and responsive treatment
of all of our patients and other guests.
-- Summary of Position: The Director of Information Systems
provides technology vision and leadership in the development and
implementation of the hospital-wide information technology (IT)
program. The director will lead the organization in planning and
implementing enterprise information systems to support both
distributed and centralized clinical and business operations and
achieve more effective and cost-beneficial enterprise-wide IT
operations. Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree (computer science, information systems or
related field preferred) and at least ten years' related work
- 10 or more years' leadership experience in an enterprise-wide
leadership role, at least 5 of which include accountability for an
enterprise IT operations or similar function.
- Proven professional and managerial skills along with the
leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary
for success in senior management. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Proven organizational, problem solving and long and short
global and detail planning skills.
- Proven budget preparation skills and proficiency in the
monitoring and adjustment of resources to ensure operational
efficiency and that budgets are met.
- Ability to understand, select, develop and motivate
- Ability to translate complex thoughts and ideas into easily
- Ability to be pro-active, anticipate and plan for the
- Ability to converse at a technical level and an executive level
- Experience with a variety of hardware and software
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and select optimum computerized systems and
seek best information systems solutions.
- Ability to establish detail implementation plans.
- Ability to establish work standards and accountabilities.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate team building and diplomacy skills.
- CPHIMS, CHIME Physical Demands The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger,
handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with
hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Working Conditions The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate while in the office.
- Occasional travel to various health system locations. Essential
- Provides consistently exceptional care at all times.
- Demonstrate and uphold the Standards of Conduct for the
- Provide leadership for the management and use of Information
Technology and Communications systems.
- Leverage technology for patient safety, efficiency,
effectiveness, and service excellence.
- Participate in and support Strategic Planning for the
- Implement IT Strategic Planning & Direction Setting that
results in patient safety, efficiency, effectiveness, excellent
- Provide insightful counsel to organization leadership on the
application of Technology.
- Ensure integration of information across all care settings to
provide exceptional service and safety to patients as they cross
between care settings and service providers.
- Ensure tactical planning is effective for capacity,
obsolescence, lifecycle refresh.
- Ensure staffing needs are planned based on supported systems
and project initiatives.
- Ensure effective forecasting, budgeting and expense tracking
for supervised departments.
- Ensure vendor and technology selections use structured
- Ensure effective contract negotiation and vendor relationship
- Ensure maximum value to Barton to leverage the benefits of
ongoing enhancements provided by vendors.
- Perform contract reviews for technology, ensuring compatibility
with current systems and future direction, ensure deliverables are
clearly defined, ensure price/cost protection, protect the
interests of Barton.
- Ensure technical infrastructure is effectively managed to
maximize uptime reliability
- Ensure Disaster Preparedness including effective backup and
recovery without data loss.
- Ensure effective command center management over IT
implementations, upgrades and outages
- Advise business operations leadership on Business Continuity
- Ensure a culture of customer service.
- Ensure an effective Help Desk.
- Ensure support staff is responsive, timely, and accurate in the
performance of their work and their communication.
- Ensure staff provide effective partnership with internal
- IT Policy and Procedure development and enforcement.
- Ensure protection of information and systems consistent with
policies and legal requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal mandates and
- Ensure staff selection and mentoring which results in great
results through an engaged and committed workforce.
- Ensure effective end user training is provided.
- Participate in optimization of the use of technologies by
having trainers and system builders round with end users.
- Provide support for "Transformational Healthcare"
- Provide support to CVMC and their users.
- Provide relationship account management, to CVMC.
- Stay current on knowledge of Healthcare, IT and Communication
- Responds to the needs of the department by performing other
duties, as necessary. Values/Standards Barton Health commits to
integrity, collaboration and excellence through the practice of our
four Service Standards:
Keywords: Barton HealthCare System, Reno , Director of Information Systems, IT / Software / Systems , South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!