Manufacturing Software Engineer
Company: Baker Hughes Energy Services LLC
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Role Summary:The Manufacturing Software Engineer role provides
diverse work responsibilities and an opportunity to build upon the
candidate's software programing fundamentals learning different
branches of software including developing new software
applications, supporting / troubleshooting of existing software
used in a manufacturing environment, and involvement within new
product introduction projects responsible for feature development,
final design validation, manufacturing piloting, and final product
release. The position requires individuals to be on-site so they
can work with the various physical equipment, manufacturing
processes, departments, and personnel. Local remote work
arrangements are offered on a rotational basis and have conditions
where on-premise support of the manufacturing floor is top
priority. The skills that are gained from working in a
manufacturing capacity can be applied to almost every role later in
a career. The individual will be working with a highly experienced
team of software technical experts providing mentoringEssential
- Develop manufacturing software programs and tools on a variety
of system platforms.
- Develop software solutions and debugging PCBA manufacturing
processes, providing input on flow lean process and overall
improvments to the manufacturing software team.
- Engauge manufacturing operators, technicians, floor managers on
implementing new software solutions, systems, and resolving
existing manufacturing software issues.
- Ensure code is complete and documented to provide a historical
base for future reference.
- Provide manufacturing software support across multiple work
centers, platforms, and systems.
- Provide manufacturing software support for new product
introduction programs and feature development.
- Perform Third Part Reviews analyzing code to determine defect
root cause and corrective actions.
- Drive strategy of manufacturing software advancement, designs,
techniques, and processes
- Work collaboratively with global teams, including time-zone
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer ScienceDesired Characteristics:
- Experience in software systems and/or programming
object-oriented code C/C++/C#, Python
- Experience with NI LabVIEW, TestStand, and PXI Equipment
- Experience in relational databases, and design patterns as well
as other languages such as VB.net, Java, XAML, HTML5
- Experience using software debugging tools emulators,
- Experience using hardware debugging tools: oscilloscopes,
multi-meters, function generators
- Experience in manufacturing automation, processes, and work
- Experience working with manufacturing operators and technicians
in solving issues and introducing new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive process
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functionality
- Knowledge of and experience with the Bently Nevada product
lineAbout Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide
better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our
people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're
committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're
always looking for the right people to help us get there. People
who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner
and more efficient.Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a
real difference in a company that values innovation and progress?
Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and
inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.Baker
Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Baker Hughes Energy Services LLC, Reno , Manufacturing Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Minden, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!