Mainframe Developer at Carson City, NV
Company: IVY TECH SOLUTIONS INC
Location: Carson City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Kindly let me know if you have a suitable fit for the following
Job Title: Mainframe Developer
Location: US-NV-Carson City
Please send the resume to or 847-
client using Power Builder, COBOL, DB2, CICS, VB.NET, ASP.NET and
MS SQL Server. The
The Mainframe Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze, design, code, review and modify COBOL, DB2, CICS
programs as required by the Nevada DMV's IT division.
- Document changes and follow protocols established by Nevada
- Must be able to gather business rules from existing code
- Participate in sessions for data cleansing project.
- Work with different user/user groups to gather and document
- Document the changes needed.
- Code the changes
- Test the changes
- Promote the changes through the DMV build cycle to TEST, UAT
- Follow up with testing to make sure changes are working well
and does not have any other negative impact to performance.
- Log time using DMV Time tracking software (Remedy) on a daily
- Provide status reports as required by DMV personnel
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or any other
equivalent degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of programming
experience. Ideal candidate will have many years' experience in
COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Excellent conceptual and working experience in developing
applications with COBOL, embedded SQL accessing DB2 database.
- Must have experience working in Medium to Large scale client
- Must possess programming skills in SQL tuning, efficient
- Must have developed online and batch reports using COBOL, DB2,
- Must be familiar with source control software.
- Excellent at creating stored procedures, functions, packages,
database triggers and other database objects using SQL
- Excellent is developing and maintaining online and batch
systems using COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Expertise in debugging skills.
- Expertise in designing conceptual, logical and physical designs
for various database objects
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and used sorting,
aggregate, sub query, DB2 Explains, inline sql and various other
- Excellent in deriving and understanding business rules by
reviewing existing programs.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required to
effectively work in the field of applications development and
- Excellent at Understanding Integration Technologies and Domains
and work flows.
- Must have good communication, documentation and user
requirement gathering skills.
Charan Kumar - IVY Tech Sols Inc.
3403 N Kennecott Avenue, Suite B&C Arlington Heights, IL
- -Gtalk : charan.ivytech-
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: IVY TECH SOLUTIONS INC, Reno , Mainframe Developer at Carson City, NV, IT / Software / Systems , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!