Company: Renown Health
Posted on: January 10, 2021
The Software Architect has the mandate to ensure custom software
development (e.g., web based, mobile, services, and data, and
integration points) are consistent and optimal and the delivery is
in alignment with the strategic direction of the enterprise. This
position will deliver cloud and on-premise solutions to facilitate
cost effective and efficient systems for business optimization and
agility. Other key responsibilities include:
* Provide expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the
overall systems of enterprise architecture.
* Establish and maintain standards that guide the design and
implementation of technology solutions requiring integration of
multiple platforms and operating systems across the enterprise.
* Educate enterprise information system individuals and teams on
the need for consistent standards for technology systems and
* Collaborate on the framework for integration and implementation
of changes to software standards in support of a consistent
* Provide technical guidance and mentoring to software teams as
* Track industry trends and maintain knowledge of new technologies
to better serve the architecture needs of the enterprise.
Nature and Scope
1. Contributes to the enterprise software architecture strategy and
delivery including the integration of components across multiple
environments and platforms (e.g., cloud, on premise, co-location,
2. Demonstrates alignment between strategic goals and key
3. Applies a structured approach and methodology for capturing the
key views of the business and IT in the context of the
4. Enumerates, analyzes, catalogs, and suggests improvements to the
strategic, core, and support services of the enterprise, as needed,
to meet strategic and operational goals.
5. Evaluates and presents information that will facilitate
effective and timely decision-making through written and oral
communication that effectively summarizes findings with
6. Creates process models/flows that illustrate technical
integration points between systems, platforms and solutions.
7. Scans, evaluates, selects, and integrates new technologies and
8. Understands, advocates, and supports enterprise information
9. Analyzes the current technology landscape to detect deficiencies
and recommends solutions for the improved uses of information
10. Integrates requirements, workflow, and logical processes with
the platforms and services and interfaces between diverse
Participates in the recruitment and selection of certain high-level
technical staff, develops and oversees training programs in tools
and methodologies for development teams, and leads or manages
special project teams as assigned.
Other Knowledge Skills and abilities
* Strong technology research skillset with proven ability to
architect and present technology alternatives based on scope-level
* Strong understanding of information technology/processing
principles and practices.
* Familiarity with cloud-based services.
* Proven experience with business and technical requirements
analyses, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology
* Excellent knowledge of database solutions, application services,
application integration and architecture patterns.
* Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of software development,
client/server, data storage, systems integration, and networking
* Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and
apply them to business needs.
* Demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis,
customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and
* Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles
* Proven project planning and management experience.
* Knowledge and experience regarding the practical application of
security/risk concepts, standards, and regulations in the
* Deep expertise around industry best practices in the various
aspects of IT, technology trends, enterprise operations knowledge,
and the ability to develop solutions to implement key business
* Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving
* Ability to communicate up and down the management chain,
providing the appropriate level of detail and focus on the right
* Able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and
personalities, and provide strong team leadership, including issue
facilitation and negotiation.
* Forward-thinking and excellent planning skills - able to develop
monthly, quarterly, yearly, 3-year plans.
This position does not provide patient care
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.
Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language,
including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's degree
in CS/EE Degree or equivalent work experience required or similar
field is required. Master's degree in CS/EE is preferred.
Five (5) years' experience with information systems in a complex
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer
to complete online learning requirements for job-specific
competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online
benefits enrollment, etc.
Keywords: Renown Health, Reno , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!