Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy. Please visit our website at www.ormat.com for more information.
This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and serves as a consultant to management on human resources related issues.
- Responsible for assessing and anticipating HR related needs and developing integrated solutions.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and employees.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves lower level employee relations issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees.
- Provides day to day guidance to management, including coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Develops, implements and maintains recruiting, staffing, employment programs and job descriptions.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Consults with management on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Consults with management to identify and address training needs for business units and executive coaching needs.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by exploring opportunities to improve existing business practices.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and more than 40 hours per week if necessary to get the job done.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Must be available to travel to other Ormat facilities.
- Provide back up support to the Human Resources team as needed.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A degree in Human Resources, or a related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of HR Generalist experience, a PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Working experience with FMLA, ADA, EEOC and other employment law issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational analysis, employee relations, diversity, performance management and federal and state employment laws.
- Must be resourceful with strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented with a good work ethic and be able to maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet, with working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Must be able to communicate with other employees and read and write at a level that will enable to perform the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT's auto insurance carrier.
- The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.
Keywords: Ormat, Reno , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!