Entry Level Cook - Full and Part Time - $15/hr - Housing Available- Winter Seasonal - Northstar
Company: Northstar California Resort
Posted on: November 19, 2021
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain
park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for
families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra
Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a
few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore
everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar
team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25
Ski Towns in the World."
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees
across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19 We are currently
looking for cooks of all experience levels, who will provide first
class service to our guests in an upbeat, fast-paced restaurant
environment. Our formal training and staging program provides the
opportunity for professional advancement from various career
stages. We will train folks with the right attitude and a passion
for being here, with us, at our amazing resort. Responsibilities of
an entry level cook include, but are not limited to:
- Understands the proper terms for kitchen equipment/pans and
small wares used in the kitchen
- Understands and operates basic cooking equipment such as
fryers, pizza oven and kettles
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes
one shift per week
- Heat or Reheat items for service in accordance with current
applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and
regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, utensils,
sneeze guards and guest facing areas of their station in accordance
with health and safety standards
- Proactively greet guests and take food orders
- Continually demonstrate a high level of guest service
- Prepare food items in accordance with the station guide recipes
including portion control and presentation
- Gathers and portion items ensuring that they are of high
quality and serves to guests
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
including but not limited to temperature checks, wearing gloves and
proper utilization of sanitation buckets
- Responsible for breaking down workstation, cooling food where
necessary in accordance with cooling guidelines and storing in
accordance with proper storage and labelling guidelines
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Typically requires supervision from a more senior culinary team
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
- Ability to maintain a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work as a productive part of a team.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Has or is able to obtain a Food Handlers Card within 30 days of
- Previous cooking experience- preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sanitation-preferred Benefits include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development Reach Your Peak
at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers,
Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and
our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate
individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the
status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career
of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Requisition ID 370307
Keywords: Northstar California Resort, Reno , Entry Level Cook - Full and Part Time - $15/hr - Housing Available- Winter Seasonal - Northstar, Human Resources , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!