Area Practice Manager
Company: Renown Healthcare
Posted on: February 14, 2019
This role is responsible for managing the operational, financial, quality and regulatory compliance of multiple physician practices.
Nature and Scope:
The Area Practice Manager works collaboratively with Providers, Practice Managers, Practice Supervisors and staff, Renown Medical Group leadership, Renown Medical Group support services and Renown hospital leadership to ensure the successful operation of high quality, efficient office practices. This position ensures the implementation and adoption of best operational practice, monitors clinical compliance such as OSHA and CLIA, and is responsible for analyzing financial data and budgets in order to make informed recommendations for continuous improvement. The Area Practice Manager must be able to successfully communicate across a wide spectrum of audiences, lead change initiatives, have strong financial and organizational skills and be able to function effectively with multiple priorities.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following areas:
* Accountability and thinks strategically: * Champions innovation and supports change
* Promotes continuous learning and employee development
* Develops vision for market and executes plans to achieve vision
* Shapes strategy for growth and executes plans to achieve growth goals
* Create and execute plans to support the acquisition of additional practices and providers
* Problem solving and addressing issues raised by physicians, employees and patients
* Marketing the practice in the local community
* Provide leadership and development for team of practice managers
* Full profit and loss responsibility of the market including revenue, expenses and budgeting
* Provides excellent service to all customers: * Exemplifies excellent customer service towards patients, families, visitors, volunteers, physicians and co-workers
* Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect
* Communicates with all customers (internal and external) in a positive and professional manner
* Operational best practices and service excellence standards* Implements and maintains best practice operations through evaluation of resource utilization, clinic flow, and Epic System integration
* Supports physicians in achieving Best in Class scorecard targets related to clinical quality
* Supports each practice in achieving patient satisfaction goals
* Supports each practice in achieving employee engagement goals
* Responsible for hiring and evaluating office managers with input from practice physicians
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines and agencies
* Continually evaluates operations, analyzes processes and initiates changes
* Supports the ongoing provider utilization of Epic
* Financial Management: * Develops budget plans in alignment with Renown Medical Group goals
* Responsible for efficient, accurate, and prudent financial management of assigned practices, adhering to the annual budget
* Compiles data, analyzes, and makes recommendations for increasing profitability of assigned practices including ROI for new investment opportunities
* Monitors monthly revenues and expenses, in part by maintaining cost-effective personnel and supply utilization
* Develops and implements cost-effective policies and procedures for all operational areas
* Meets regularly with physicians and Healthcare Center Managers to review physician compensation results, financial performance and discuss operational issues
* Meets monthly and ensures A/R management in collaboration with Director, MSO to identify MSO reimbursement trends and opportunities.
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Bachelor's Degree required or management experience in a related field may be substituted for undergrad requirement on a year for year basis. MHA or MBA strongly preferred. Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
Minimum two (2) years administrative management experience, preferably in a healthcare environment or related field, or experience in finance or business development in a healthcare institution.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Keywords: Renown Healthcare, Reno , Area Practice Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!