Transportation Clerk - 2nd Shift
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Transportation Clerk - 2nd Shift(Job Number: 2309236)
Penske Logistics is looking for Clerk associates to become part of
an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who
are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who
want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Responsible for the daily/weekly maintaining of pallet tracking
(where applicable), audit of driver logs and trip reports, log and
driver file DOT requirements tracking. Liaison for internal
customer support. Track all return goods as directed by the
customer for close out of returns from the private fleet.
2nd shift available:
Monday to Friday 4:00pm-2:00am
- $21.00/h base rate
- $1,500 sign on bonus
- Various office and administrative duties, which may include
handling accounts payable/receivable and collections, payroll, fuel
reconciliation, office supplies, billing, maintaining database and
- Audit of logs and trip reports and other DOT reporting,
maintain of files, customer service interaction, resolution of
driver equipment requests and pallet tracking.
- Maintenance and distribution of route books, daily interface
with drivers, assist with driver coverage of vacation and overflow
- Involve Safety team as required by location
- Handling reports and pass downs to the next shift
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match.
- Associate Referral Program
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keep associates and their
families happy, healthy and secure.
- 2 years of general office experience required
- 1 year of customer service experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required
- AS400 experience preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Reno , Transportation Clerk - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Gardnerville, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...