Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Housekeeping Manager (HM) works with the Operations Manager to
supervise the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product
quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to
hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
This is the onsite lead supervisory job in the housekeeping
department. The Housekeeping Manager typically supervises a small
number of housekeeping and laundry employees with a limited range
of facilities. The Housekeeping Manager may supervise or provide
leadership to 10-20 housekeeping department workers. This position
will perform cleaning duties to all areas of the hotel. In addition
to keeping the entire hotel clean, the Housekeeping Manager is
responsible for maintaining a neat and organized housekeeping and
laundry area and is responsible for the security of the hotel linen
and supplies inventory. The Housekeeping Manager's focus on guest
and associate satisfaction, expense control and product quality and
will lead to their contribution to the overall goals of the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of the hotel. Create processes and procedures to ensure
the hotel is properly supplied with all guest amenities, are
meeting guest expectations, and the hotel is properly maintained
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the supplies and
equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for leading the
delivery of clean rooms for occupancy that meet the brand's time,
product and placement standards.
- Partner with the Operations Manager to monitor performance and
make recommendations for disciplinary and other human
- Partner with the Operations Manager to recruit, develop, and
manage the Housekeeping staff.
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure
furnishings, guest suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are
clean and in good repair to meet guest and owner expectations.
Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including
making beds, and vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure
guest satisfaction and owner expectations.
- Partner with the Maintenance Manager to operate the proper use
and cleaning of all commercial laundry equipment and management of
the laundry operation of the hotel.
- Partner with the Operations Manager to inventory and maintain
par levels for linen and supplies.
- Maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place
within the housekeeping department.
- Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health, and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus five years housekeeping
experience including a minimum of one year of supervisory
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Reading and writing abilities are required in order to
communicate effectively with guests and co-workers, complete
written documented tasks, order supplies, receive instructions and
read equipment manuals and safety information.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Reno , Housekeeping Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!