Sous Chef - Full Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CA About Palisades Tahoe Palisades Tahoe is the
largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable
acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort
celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics,
the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic
and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average
annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates
the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The
European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round
events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which
are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass
, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021
the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name
that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades
Tahoe website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on
Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , and Vimeo . A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties. Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Acts as the role model for all grooming and uniform
- Punctual, timely and takes and manages breaks for self and
- Provides customers with top quality customer service in a
friendly and positive manner.
- Supervises and develops the culinary team at assigned
- Supervisory responsibilities include but not limited to:
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; weekly scheduling of
staff, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees menu production and execution, proper prep levels,
plating and portioning.
- Manages inventory, stocking, and prepping of all food
- Proactively plans the sequence and timing of cooking operations
to meet meal-serving hours. Delegates specific tasks to cooks and
- Maintain clean and orderly food and beverage facilities at all
times. Assure compliance with all health and sanitation
- Plan and execute events for internal and external guests.
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and
- Assist in ordering, receiving and storage of all items from all
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Assist kitchen and bus staff as needed. Competencies and Job
- Neat and clean appearance in compliance with the Palisades
Tahoe grooming policies.
- Able to communicate effectively with kitchen personnel,
understand simple verbal instruction and perform them.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Have safety awareness at all times.
- Work well with others under any conditions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ablility to multi-task.
- Required to lift 50 lbs Physical Requirements: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell and taste. Must be capable
of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling
up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions
and the ability to adjust focus. Experience Required
- Must have or be able to obtain current CA Food Handler s
- 2 year(s): Previous sous chef experience. Education Required
- High School or better Behaviors Preferred
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them Motivations Preferred
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Sous Chef - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!