Housekeeper Porter - Full Time
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
* Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and
* Vision Statement: Become the region's most respected hospitality
and gaming company
* Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the
hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and
service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which
we live and serve
* Performs heavy duty and/or non-routine and project cleaning,
using various types of equipment, materials and techniques.
* Trash Detail ; Collect trash continuously throughout shift.
Transport trash to compacter area. Dispose of trash. Collect
recyclable materials and take to appropriate bin. Wash and sanitize
trash cart. Breakdown cartons and dispose of in bailer.
* Light Detail ; Change, dust, and/or replace dirty or burned-out
lights and fixtures in all public areas. Keep records of
replacement dates; monitor bulb inventory and maintain par level.
Obtain bulbs from engineering warehouse. Respond to calls for clean
up or assistance from other departments.
* Window Cleaning Detail ; Clean glass, mirrors, frames and tracks
in public areas continuously throughout shift. Respond to calls for
clean up or assistance from other departments.
* Equipment Repair Detail ; Repair and maintain 24, 36 and 125 volt
equipment. Maintain records of work completed, inventories and
equipment. Repair light fixtures; replace cords and plugs. Maintain
inventory of supply parts and initiate requisitions for reordering.
Clean, organize and maintain repair shop. Respond to calls for
clean up or assistance from other departments.
* Moving/Storage Detail ; Remove, transport, store and/or replace
furnishings while adhering to fire and safety codes. Transport
playing cards to and from loading dock.
* Supply/Chemical Detail ; Collect and deliver supplies to utility
rooms from PAH warehouse. Record deliveries made and write up
requisitions for supplies to be ordered from warehouse. Receive and
transport supplies from the receiving dock and deliver to PAH
warehouse. Ensure all bottles and chemical containers are properly
labeled and stored according to OSHA standards. Dispense chemicals
and fill bottles. Sweep, mop and generally keep PAH warehouse neat
* Floor/Shampoo Detail ; Shampoo all carpets (excluding ballrooms &
meeting rooms) using various types of shampoo machines. Spot clean
carpets and remove gum using appropriate chemicals and machinery.
Strip, wax and buff a variety of interior and exterior floor
surfaces using specialized equipment. Spot clean upholstery and
clean public area furnishings. Move furniture and equipment as
necessary to complete assigned tasks.
* Special Projects/Deep Cleaning/ On-Call Detail ; Clean
chandeliers, ceiling ledges. Respond to all calls for bio-hazard
clean up and clean/disinfect area as required. Deep clean all areas
requiring specialized cleaning equipment, techniques, or use of
ladders over 3 feet.
* Any combination of education, training, or experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Maintains the physical appearance and cleanliness of public
areas. This classification also includes; trash pick-up, window
cleaning, equipment repair, light bulb replacement, carpet & floor
care, moving and storage and snow removal. Substitutes in all
positions as needed.
* Must be at least 18 years or older
* Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and
requirements of internal and external clients.
* Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly
respectful of others.
* Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate
communications and presents information in a concise and
* Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and
* Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration
and provides a tangible contribution.
* Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively
complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able
to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work
under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively
deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is
regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas
of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level;
bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
Keywords: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, Reno , Housekeeper Porter - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!