Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and .A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
TahoeTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age.
-Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following:
other duties may be assigned:General Responsibilities:
- Plan menus for all food outlets located at Palisades
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other
kitchen employees to assure that food preparation meet
- Support recruiting and screening efforts of culinary team as
- Lead culinary internship program including screening and hiring
of interns, preparation of rotation schedule and program,
coordination with F&B managers throughout the program rotation,
and performance management of interns.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and
safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all
- Establish controls to minimize food supply waste and
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing
training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and
accident prevention principles.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation
and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and
to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items
served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Attend food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consult with the Food & Beverage Director about food production
aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high
standards of quality; control food and payroll costs to achieve
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are
- Interact with food and beverage management to assure that food
production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in
maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related
goods are consistently met.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance
schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service
lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all
- Leadership: Manage a team of 51-75 employees across 14
departments. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance and development of kitchen staff; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Integrity & Compliance: Comply with Federal and California
Labor law in phases of the payroll and employment process; from
hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies &
- Commitment to Service: Achieve continuous improvement in
operational objectives by implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards. Contribute information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Strategic: Develop strategy and policies for the business unit
to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written
policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques,
equipment and terminology, and aligns resources to meet goals.
Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area
through several department managers.
- Financial: Responsible for creating and maintaining labor
budget. Check and manage payroll for overtime, compliance with
labor model. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements,
preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing
variances; initiating corrective actions. Project annual food,
labor and other costs and monitor actual financial results; takes
corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals
are met. -
- Safety: Establish, implement, and enforce safety standards in
accordance with company policies and procedures as well as State &
Federal laws. -Competencies and Job Requirements: Required: -
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and
verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively
present information to the executive team, management, employees,
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize
needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources
and time. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with
the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which
have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Able to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which
is accurate, complete, and of high quality.Education and
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Five years supervisory experience
- Certificate of completion from trade school. Driver's
License.Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, hear, smell, and taste. Must be capable of walking or
standing 80% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable
of occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions,
color and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee if frequently indoors but may occasionally be exposed
to outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise
level in the work place is usually moderate.Equipment Used in Job:
Commercial kitchen equipmentExperienceRequired
- Valid driver's License.
- Certificate of completion from trade school.
- 5 year(s): Five years supervisory experience
- 6 year(s): Six years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!