Cook All Experience Levels - Housing Opportunities - Summer Seasonal
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: Tahoe City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and .A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Provide great guest service to internal and external
- Displaying a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Wash, clean, chop, dice, grate, slice a variety of meat,
poultry vegetables and other food items.
- Cut, portion, clean, peeling, slice, chop, measure and mix
ingredients such as meats, vegetables, etc.
- Set up and stock food station.
- Operate cooking station such as the grill, fryer, oven, pantry
or saut-- station.
- Cook and serve products from the kitchen station assigned.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion
sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies and procedures. -
- Refer to daily prep list at the start of each shift for
- Inform Chef/Kitchen Manager of product shortages, equipment or
food quality problems.
- May assist with other duties such as washing dishes, bussing,
stocking, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Quick serve restaurants will require front of house service and
interaction with guests.
- Assist with the overall cleanliness of the kitchen with
assigned cleaning and opening and closing duties.
- Participate in trash, recycling, and compost sorting efforts.
- Maintaining and following proper food handling procedure, clean
and sanitary work areas.
- Maintaining adherence at all California food handler's
sanitation standards.Competencies -and Job Requirements:
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout every shift.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time and follow
delay/closure scheduling instructions.
- Ability to work throughout the agreed upon season.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekend and
- Work well as part of a team.Physical Requirements: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8
hour work shift and must be capable of frequently carrying,
lifting. pushing or pulling up to 30 lbs.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually loud.
Frequent exposure to fumes, odors, and gases. Occasional exposure
to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to
potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards.
Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards.Equipment Used
in Job: Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers
- 1 - 2 years: One to two years in restaurant industry preferred.
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Cook All Experience Levels - Housing Opportunities - Summer Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Tahoe City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!