Retail Rental Supervisor - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: November 23, 2021
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain
park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for
families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra
Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a
few hours from Napa and San Francisco, its easy to explore
everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar
team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the Top 25 Ski
Towns in the World. www.vailresortscareers.comAs of Nov. 15, 2021,
Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America
to be vaccinated for COVID-19.The Rentals Supervisor is responsible
for supplying our guests with our premier rental equipment and
promoting world-class guest service through each rental/retail
transaction. They will bepart of a cohesive team with pride,
productivity, and professionalism. They will model and adhere to
policies and guidelines and will work to maintain the operational
and merchandising standards of the company.Essential Job
- Execute daily operations by opening and/or closing
retail/rental outlets, including filling front-line employee
positions as necessary, especially during non-peak periods.
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer
confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product
through point of successful sale.
- Act as a mentor who can train and lead the rental technician
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff
and guests. Respond and engage with customer suggestions,
complaints, and recognition.
- Promote product in line with customer's expressed needs.
- Fit boots, skis, snowboards, helmetsand/or poles to each
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail
- Create and maintain a productive and safe work environment,
including implementing and retaining all company mandated
safety-related training and assessments.
- Ensure all retail/rental locations are clean, have updated
materials, and present a professional appearance to our guests,
staff, and purveyors.
- Develop, adhere to, and role model the companys mission,
vision, and valuesJob Requirements:
- Retail sales and customer service, outdoor sporting goods
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in a customer service
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old Required.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to
detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the
year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Previous snow sports rental experience Preferred.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high
level guest contact, and commitment to guest service.
- Must demonstrate ability to receive and give direction and act
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand
toolsandpower tools ona daily basis.
- Willing to become certified byski binding manufacturers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests
- Ability to comprehend and apply specific company designed
methods and protocol.
- Friendly, personable, and comfortable working with
- Weight Lifted At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency Frequent
- Standing Frequency Frequent
- Walking Frequency Frequent
- Reaching Frequent
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl Frequent
- Work indoors and outdoorsBenefits:
- Daily $5 Meals
- Free Epic Local Pass
- 50% discount tickets
- $1 VRR Employee Rentals
- Free Tunes and Rentals Coupons
- Free Employee Lessons
- 30% off Retail Discounts at resort shops; Patagonia, North
Face, True North, etc.
- Expert Voice Access with at cost pricing on goods
- Epic Promise/Scholarships
- Epic Wellness & Mental Health programs
- Epic Employee Emergency Fund
- Succession Plans and Promotional Opportunities
- Leadership Classes
- Employee Clubs/Teams
- Street Teams Bi-Weekly Harvest and Hot Meals
- Employee Appreciation WeekReach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.As a
community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an
experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team
is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously
push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether youre looking
for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to
reach your peak.Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other status protected by applicable law.Requisition
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Reno , Retail Rental Supervisor - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!