Rocker Sous Chef - Year Round Full Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call
1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram,
Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Assist with producing the menu and prepare items on the menu.
Ensure food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of
- Supervise food preparation and employees engaged in preparing,
cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other
- Maintain quality and portion control in all phases of food
- Plan sequence and time of cooking operations to meet
meal-serving hours. Assign specific tasks to cooks.
- Maintain clean and orderly food and beverage facilities at all
times. Assure compliance with all health and safety code.
- Manages inventory and stocking of food items.
- Assist with planning and pricing of menus for events.
Establishes portion sizes and standards of service for all menu
- Trains kitchen personnel in food production principles and
practices. Schedules kitchen employees in conjunction with business
forecasts and predetermined budget.
- Supervises or assists subordinates in performing duties.
- Meets all grooming and uniform policies.
- Assumes the chefs responsibilities when the chef is not
present.Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across
all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the
ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
and interact with others.
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access)Physical Requirements: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell and taste. Must be capable
of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling
up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions
and the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise:
The noise level in the work place is usually loud. Frequent
exposure to fumes, odors, and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts,
mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential
mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards. Frequent
exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards.Equipment Used in Job:
Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning agentsExperienceRequired
- Must have or be able to obtain current CA Food Handlers Manager
- 2 year(s): Previous sous chef experience.Preferred
- Culinary School graduate or equivalent with progressive growth
in the culinary fieldEducationRequired
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow themMotivationsPreferred
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Rocker Sous Chef - Year Round Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!