Food & Beverage Support Staff - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time
Company: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Posted on: February 22, 2021
About Squaw Valley - Alpine MeadowsSquaw Valley Alpine Meadows
is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe,
California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The
resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with
stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and
riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent
beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering
cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for
boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside
lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley, which bustles year-round
with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques.
With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny
California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring
Skiing Capital and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the, the new standard
in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations
across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw
Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort
name, removing the word "squaw," which is widely considered
offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name,
which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the or call 1.800.403.0206 to
learn more. You can also visit us on,, and.A Great Job and Benefits
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including
The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 16 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Provide customers with top quality customer service in a
friendly and positive manner.
- Clear and clean tables in a timely manner while following
- Stock condiments, utensils, napkins, cups and other items as
- Sweep and/or vacuum floor.
- Bus dirty dish bins to kitchen area.
- Assist with steward or kitchen duties as needed.
- Accommodate guests' requests as needed.
- Assist with snow removal on lodge deck or patio as needed.
- Assist with closing duties such as trash removal as
needed.Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Must adhere to company uniform standards.
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time.
- Work well as part of a team in a high-volume food hall.Physical
Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or
more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently
carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to
adjust focus.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers
- 1 year(s): Food service or customer service. EducationRequired
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Reno , Food & Beverage Support Staff - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Homewood, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!