Food & Beverage Line Cook Experienced - Winter Seasonal - Full Time
Company: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Posted on: November 22, 2020
About Squaw Valley - Alpine MeadowsSquaw Valley Alpine Meadows
is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe,
California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The
resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with
stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and
riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent
beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering
cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for
boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside
lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley--, which bustles year-round
with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques.
With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny
California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring
Skiing Capital--- and provides the longest ski and snowboard season
in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass, the
new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic
destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski
season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to
change the resort name, removing the word ---squaw,--- which is
widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on
determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and
Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including
The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)--To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age.Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks for all Cook positions include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare all food as directed in a timely and sanitary
- Execute menu items on grill, deep fryer, and prepare soups and
other special items.
- Wash, clean, chop, dice, grate, slice a variety of meat,
poultry, vegetables and other food items and place in proper
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion
sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies and procedures.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and
maintain all equipment in the station.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station including tables,
shelves, walls, grills, fryers saut-- burners and refrigeration
- Leads daily cleaning and line organization.
- Knowledge and ownership of CA Health Code items and checks
daily temp logs on refer and prepped food.
- Inform Kitchen Manager or Chef of product shortages, equipment
of food quality problems.
- Assist and guide other line cooks and prep cooks on a day to
day basis for prep and other functions in the kitchen.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow
standards and regulations.
- Execution/recipe development of saut-- and pantry station.
- Help the flow of food from time of delivery to the point it
goes out to our guests.
- Exceptional comprehension of each line station and cooking
- Understanding and daily execution of mise en place lists.
- Must participate in restaurant opening and closing
- Participate in trash, recycling, and compost sorting
- Executes daily quality assurance tests of pantry and saut--
- Knowledge of all techniques used in recipes and makes sure
other cooks are following using the right techniques to
consistently achieve desired outcome.
- Knowledge and ability to receive orders, rotate stock, and
communicate product shorts.--Competencies and Job
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Works under moderate supervision. Able to work multiple
stations.Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of walking or
standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift and must be
capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to
35 lbs.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work
place is usually loud. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors, and
gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation.
Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and
radiant energy hazards. Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers
- 2 year(s): Experience as a line cook; Able to perform all basic
and intermediate cooking skills including preparation of soups,
sauces, stocks, frying, broiling.Preferred
- Culinary degree.EducationRequired
Keywords: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Reno , Food & Beverage Line Cook Experienced - Winter Seasonal - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!