Food & Beverage Steward - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time
Company: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Posted on: November 22, 2020
About Squaw Valley - Alpine MeadowsSquaw Valley Alpine Meadows
is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe,
California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The
resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with
stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and
riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent
beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering
cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for
boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside
lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley--, which bustles year-round
with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques.
With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny
California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring
Skiing Capital--- and provides the longest ski and snowboard season
in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass, the
new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic
destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski
season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to
change the resort name, removing the word ---squaw,--- which is
widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on
determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and
Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including
The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Maintain highest degree of cleanliness in common areas of the
- Responsible for restroom cleanliness; wash sinks, clean toilets
and stalls, restock supplies as needed.
- Responsible for dining area and food court cleanliness; wiping
down tables and chairs, restocking products, cups and trays,
monitor floors for spills.
- Monitor trash and recycling receptacles and dispose of trash
that is in or around restrooms and dining facilities including
decks, dispose of waste properly per Placer County statues and
- Sweep and mop as assigned.
- Vacuum carpeted areas throughout entire facility.
- Accommodate guests--- requests as needed.
- Heavy labor, snow removal, hauling trash, and furniture
- Required to work at outside for certain tasks.
- Assist with set up & breakdown; set tables and chairs.
- Compliance with chemical handling & usage policies.Competencies
and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time.
- Work well as part of a team.Physical Requirements: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
must be capable of walking or standing 100% of a normal 8 hour work
shift and must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing
or pulling up to 40 lbs.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to
outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise
level in the work place is usually moderate. This employee will
frequently be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilationEquipment
Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents, household cleaning products
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers
- One to three months experience in food service or customer
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Reno , Food & Beverage Steward - Winter Seasonal - Full & Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!