Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- This position is a Pharmacist, working with physicians, care
managers, and other clinical staff, as part of a medical care team
focusing on patient outcomes, while maintaining cost.
- The Clinical Pharmacist provides patients and providers with
therapeutic assessments and selected disease management, for
assigned practices, working toward improving patient and practice
- Assist provider as needed to meet Cynet Health and Client and
meaningful use guidelines.
- Provide clinical pharmacy input during the preparation of
interdisciplinary care plans for patients
- Assist in the selection of the most cost effective,
evidence-based regimen for a particular patient; monitor patients
for appropriate lab and other recommended follow-up
- Serve as a drug information resource for the providers and
- Monitor patient response to treatment, drug/drug and
drug/disease interactions, assess medications prescribed at dosages
higher that approved by the FDA for specific indications
- Provide highly specialized education and training support to
other professional services in the broad area of advanced
pharmacotherapy, with emphasis on chronic disease states
- Utilizes existing computer resources to maximize retrieval of
clinical information for monitoring and review of the medication
- Coordinate/participate in activities related to improving
outcomes for targeted disease management initiatives leading to
improved health (such as COPD, Asthma, CHF, and Diabetes).
- Identify patient/family gaps in knowledge of diagnosis and or
treatment and development interventions with patient/family input
to mitigate gaps.
- Manage patients with recent decrease in functional status.
- Coordinate and support pharmacy initiatives, such as Over the
Counter (OTC) Standing
- Orders, Preferred Drug List (PDL), MD Easy, and electronic
prescribing (e-prescribing) efforts, as outlines by the CCNC
- Assists physicians in creating and managing the drug regimens
of patients with chronic disease states (e.g. diabetes, asthma,
CHF, ect.). This may include, but shall not be limited to,
activities such as meeting with patients, adjusting medication
dosages in concert with PCP, peak flow monitoring, and performing
other services within the professional area of expertise
- Perform medicine reconciliation assessments as requested by
client physician and/or case managers to optimize the patient's
- Serve as a resource to client physicians and case managers on
general drug information and drug policy issues. Physical Demands:
- Physician practice with possible exposure to
infectious/contagious disease and hazardous materials.
- Environment is climate controlled with occasional exposure to
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Intensive machine concentration, such as use of computer and
- Physical demands include: frequent movement throughout the
medical community, periods of standing, sitting and walking;
reaching and light lifting; finger dexterity; visual and auditory
acuity within normal limits. Knowledge, Skills and Other
- Must be proficient in electronic health records and various
health care such as CMIS applications
- Responsible for maintaining patient and family confidentiality
in accordance with HIPPA
- Ability to operate a personal computer and working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Ability to work independently, exercising sound judgment,
discretion and the initiative to facilitate change
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and
interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, diplomacy, and
professionalism. Education and Experience:
- Education and formal training with from an accredited College
of Pharmacy, clinical pharmacy residency or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years as a clinical pharmacist with involvement in
formulary development, drug use evaluation, and quality assurance
activities. Ambulatory Care experience preferred
- Completion of a pharmacy practice or specialty residency (PGY1
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities: Extensive knowledge of
pharmacy and its related subdisciplines (therapeutics,
pharmacology, physical pharmacy), formulary development, drug use
review, quality assurance, legal, regulatory, and standards of
- Good written and verbal communication; the ability to integrate
- Proficiency in using database information systems and Microsoft
- Ability to research and analyze the medical literature
including drug information, disease states, and clinical practice
Keywords: Cynet Health, Reno , Travel Pharmacist, Healthcare , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...