PICU Travel Registered Nurse
Company: Vero Travel Nursing
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Vero offers contract PICU travel nurse assignments in domestic and
international locations. Through client partnerships, we place
healthcare professionals in leading rural hospitals, level 1 trauma
centers, and academic research facility emergency rooms.
At Vero, we pride ourselves on delivering the following core values
to every nurse: excellence, integrity, urgency, perseverance, and
care. We go beyond finding you just a job placement, we focus on
your individual needs. We are your partner for the journey ahead.
We will do whatever it takes to keep you satisfied.
- High Competitive Pay Packages
- Weekly Payroll Deposit
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance Available 1st Day of
- Generous 401(k) Plan & Company Match
- Licensure Reimbursements
- Experienced Clinical Nursing Staff & Dedicated Supportive
Recruiting Team available 24/7
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Nurses provide care for
children and adolescents with a wide-range of
ailments, from common childhood diseases to life-threatening
illnesses. The difference between PICU
patients and regular PEDs patients is that PICU patients are
usually unstable and require constant
monitoring and interventions.
- One year Pediatric ICU experience in a hospital setting.
- Current Registered Nurse License (in good standing, without
disciplinary investigation or actions).
- Current BLS/BCLS, PALS.
- STABLE certification (preferred, but not required).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate
patient care plans
- Monitors patient's vital signs, such as blood pressure,
breathing and heart rate, and initiates
corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings,
such as EKG tracings, O2 stats,
CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any
- Tracks urine output
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central
venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids,
antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
Reports adverse reactions to
medications or treatments
- .Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and
procedures, which can include lifesaving
- .Analyzes lab results
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters,
arterial lines, external ventricular drains,
epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- Provides education, information and emotional support to the
patient's family and caregivers
- .Records all care information concisely, accurately and
completely, in a timely manner, in the
appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting
--- - - - - - - Successful completion of a BSN, Diploma, or
Associated Nursing Degree Program --- - - - - - - Valid BLS & ACLS
certifications --- - - - - - - Valid professional state registered
nursing (RN) license required --- - - - - - - 2+ years of relevant
experience in a hospital facility required --- - - - - - - Three
Keywords: Vero Travel Nursing, Reno , PICU Travel Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!