Company: Washoe Tribe of Nevada & California
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This position is responsible for developing and conducting
assessments, psychological and substance abuse evaluation,
diagnosis of mental health conditions, and treatment plans
appropriate for designated individuals, families and groups;
provides counseling and follow-up services.Minimum
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited college or university in
Psychology (PhD; PsyD) or related field (that allows for licensure
as a psychologist). Current license in good standing as a
Psychologist (PsyD, PsyD).
- Minimum of two years of successful professional counseling
- Must possess and maintain a valid California or Nevada driver's
license or capable of obtaining one within thirty days (30) of
- Must be able to be insurable by the Tribe's Driving Policy.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol
screen and background investigation.
- Preference will be given to Qualified Native American/Alaska
Natives.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works directly with children, adolescents and adults suffering
from a range of mental health and provides a good standard of
practice and care.
- Evaluates clients with a full range of psychological problems,
utilizing appropriate assessment tools for diagnosis and treatment
- Conducts psychological testing and evaluation for a wide range
- Collaborates on cases with other mental health and medical
professionals with regard to clinical therapy mode. Assesses
clients documenting in the electronic health record using
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5th edition (DSM V) diagnosis,
and discusses treatment plans.
- Provides training and clinical supervision to master's and
bachelor's level clinicians in the Behavioral Health Department
- Leads the Behavioral Health clinical consultation team.
- Provides a broad range of therapeutic services to individual,
groups and families, as indicated. Including knowledge of Substance
Abuse Treatment, Domestic Violence, Anger Management, and Effective
- Attends patient care meetings as needed.
- Networks with schools and local agencies to develop treatment
plans for clients.
- Ability to respond to mental health crisis and on-call
- Engages in community outreach and case management.
- Training and knowledge in behavioral healthcare using
empirically supported therapies including. Training in Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and
Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT),
Mindfulness, Motivation Interview, Historical Trauma, and Trauma
Informed Care is a plus.
- Adheres to all healthcare standards as related to Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Performs other duties as required.Knowledge, Abilities, Skills,
- Skills in operating personal computer using a variety of
- Knowledge of communicating verbally and in writing using
business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic
- Knowledge of records management procedures, and use of
electronic health records.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulatory
laws and regulations including established professional standards.
- Knowledge of medical and psychiatric rehabilitation
- Knowledge of physical, emotional and social needs of
emotionally disordered individuals.
- Knowledge of medications commonly prescribed for psychiatric
- Knowledge of community resources for the mentally disordered
- Ability to analyze problems, devise solutions, and make sound
decisions related to the Mental Health Program Treatment and mental
health emergency intervention situations.
- Ability to apply the principles and concepts of psychiatric
- Ability to interview and secure personal and social
information, as well as information needed for determining client's
needs and barriers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective psychiatric
counseling relationships and work effectively with staff and
- Ability to plan, organize, and express ideas clearly and
effectively, and be able to work cooperatively with coworkers, the
public, and especially Native Americans.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
patients, medical staff and other personnel.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner,
building respect and confidence.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, abide by
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act laws.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be familiar and trained in psychological evaluation
methodology, including but not limited to: Intellectual assessment,
personality assessment, and cognitive assessment.Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to operate
a motor vehicle; stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work
- Work is generally performed in an office setting with a
moderate noise level.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Paid HolidaysPlease note:Hiring preference is provided to
members of the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California followed by
members of other federally recognized tribes. Must pass and comply
with the PL101.630-Indian Child Protection and Family Violence
Protection Act. Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California requires any
designated candidate to complete a pre-employment drug/alcohol
screening, must possess a valid NV or CA. driver license within
thirty (30) days of employment, (when applicable) and PL 101-630
Criminal / Character Investigation background check.MedicalNevada &
California- Federal Employee Benefits Program (FEHB) provides
employees with numerous medical plan options to best fit each
employee's specific medical needs, residence service area, and
budget. The employee's also have the options for Transamerica
Supplemental Insurance by payroll deductions.Dental & LifeNevada &
California- Guardian PPO $1500 Annual Maximum Benefit, Dental Guard
Preferred, Calendar Year deductible $50.00. Included with Guardian
the Tribe offers a $50,000 Basic Term Life for employee only
coverage.VisionNevada & California- VSP Wellness eye exam $10.00
copay, prescription glasses $25.00 co-pay, standard lenses covered
allowance $130.00 every 2 years, and contacts in lieu of glasses.13
Paid Holidays Per Year!New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day,
President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indian
Day, Nevada Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and one Floating Holiday.
Keywords: Washoe Tribe of Nevada & California, Reno , Clinical Psychologist, Healthcare , Gardnerville, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!