Veterinary Pathologist 2
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Pathologist 2 for our
Safety Assessment site located in Reno, Nevada.
The Veterinary Pathologist 2 is responsible for independently
performing gross and microscopic evaluation of tissues, recording
results, preparing reports delineating pathological findings, and
assisting with necropsy supervision. With minimal supervision, work
with customers as needed to market company services and to assure
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With minimal supervision, interact with clients to assure
satisfaction and to market services.
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and
interpretation of assigned studies.
- Assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies,
including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test
article effects. As needed, work with study directors to ensure
data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- May serve as a study director or principal investigator.
- May function as a peer review pathologist or may participate in
a pathology working group (PWG).
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to
laboratory staff and may provide training, guidance, and leadership
to less experienced pathologists.
- May serve as a consultant in pathology-related issues.
- May provide scientific expertise for experimental design and
other aspects of research studies as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.Job
The following are minimum requirements related to the Veterinary
Pathologist 2 position:
- Education: Doctoral degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.) from an accredited
veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in
- Experience: 3 or more years of pathology experience
post-D.V.M.; working knowledge of clinical pathology; specialized
training and/or experience in toxicologic pathology preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: American College of Veterinary
Pathologists (A.C.V.P.) board-certification required to enter the
grade at the minimum experience level. Additional years of directly
related experience may substitute for the board-certification.
- Other: Demonstrated success in technical proficiency,
scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent
thought. Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of
data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises
judgment within generally defined practices and policies in
selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Computer
literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their
preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment
services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory
guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling
studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our
deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that
anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient
journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new
drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Reno , Veterinary Pathologist 2, Healthcare , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!