Senior Application Specialist - Rehab/Stork
Company: Renown Health
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Under the direction of the assigned leader, this position leads in
the analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of new and
existing application systems used within Renown Health entities.
This position partners with the user community to resolve technical
problems, application performance issues as well as lead
optimization and enhancement efforts. This position oversees the
design, configuration, testing and supporting of files and system
changes within assigned products and scope, including system
administration functions. The Senior Application Specialist will be
a primary contact for external users for designated product(s), and
will assist in leading large projects.
Nature and Scope:
* Have a solid understanding of the business and operational
aspects within the Renown Health entities, and the
* Oversee design, configuration, testing and supporting files
within assigned products and scope.
* Facilitates responses to Support Issues to successful
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
* Troubleshoot moderate to complex problems, requests and questions
from end users.
* Investigate end users preference while making design decisions
about the underlying needs of the organization and user community,
while navigating choices involved in application specifications
* Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple, complex projects
with high quality results and adherence deadlines.
* Analyze business operations as they relate to design decisions,
and prioritize and implement requested changes to the system.
* Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs,
and analyze new functionality in releases to determine how/if it
should be used, and review and test each new release.
* Dependent on the Application(s) supported this position may be
required to take call.
* Develop Level of Effort estimates and track actual time worked
* Demonstrate Project Management Skills, own project plans in
designated area and uses Microsoft project or other tools to track
tasks, manage project plans.
* Maintain regular communication with Business Owners, Project
Managers, vendors and customers.
* Assists in the emergent change approval process
* Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report
details, and other technical issues associated with
* Develop clear and concise process flows and supporting
documentation for business owners and units.
* Set and adhere to standards for naming and numbering conventions,
change control, environment management and security
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of Data Architecture and
Integration concepts and strategies, experienced in designing data
integration solutions required.
Teamwork, Collaboration, Professionalism, and Leadership:
* Demonstrate the ability to facilitate meetings with customers to
prioritize needs, set expectations and brings new
functionality/design for review.
* Leads work groups within the department or within project
* In general, works with a high level of independence
* Coordinates resources with other teams in order to facilitate
work and project completion, may coordinate and/or participate in
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and
* Demonstrate the ability to manage projects and work load
independently, as well as part of a team.
* Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to peers
* Creates training documentation for areas of expertise
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language,
including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's Degree
in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of
professional experience required.
4+ years experience working in a Healthcare setting, physician
practice or hospital preferred.
3 + years in application configuration/design experience, with at
least 2 years configuration/design and implementation experience in
the application as related to the position filled, required.
Project Management experience, preferred
Application Certification may be required on application(s)
supporting. Additional certification may be required within 3
months of last class attended and certifications may be subject to
policies of the vendor. Must stay current on new version
certification as applicable.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Word and have the ability to
use the computer to complete online learning requirements for
job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies,
complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Previous SQL, C++, C#, (M), Java etc. programming experience
Keywords: Renown Health, Reno , Senior Application Specialist - Rehab/Stork, Healthcare , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!