Company: Desert Research Institute
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Business (VPFB) of the Desert Research Institute, the Budget Manager takes the lead and is responsible for the planning, preparation, coordination, communication and execution of annual institutional internal operating budgets and the State funded annual and biennial operating budgets. Duties include but are not limited to provide advanced financial planning and analysis to the VPFB, including short/long term forecasting, modeling, scenario management and contingency planning. Ensure that State and NSHE required institutional quarterly and annual fiscal reports are produced accurately and timely. A leading member of the Workday FSO team, providing support for security assess and reporting. Provide research and analyses to help formulate policy recommendations for the efficient and effective use of resources. The successful candidate will be located at DRI's Reno, NV campus and exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and dedication to providing the highest quality of service to all constituencies of the Institute.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Degree in accounting, business, or economics is preferred.
- At least 6 years' experience directly related to budget, accounting, institutional research and analysis, research business development and/or financial planning.
- At least 3 years' experience in managerial and financial reporting.
- At least 2 years' supervisory experience, including hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating employees.
- Advanced experience with financial accounting systems and other software tools including spreadsheets, databases, report writing software, etc..
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience practicing fundamental budgeting principles.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience; strategic planning, evaluation and financial forecasting. Salary/Benefits Starting salary is commensurate with experience and education. DRI offers a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; including 14.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and the choice of two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. Additionally, there is no state income tax and no social security deduction. This position is eligible for relocation assistance. How to Apply Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made. For questions regarding this position, please call Human Resources at . DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Desert Research Institute, Reno , Budget Manager, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!