Project Controls Manager
Company: WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Be involved in projects with our Transportation & Project Controls
Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our
client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of
our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork
has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here
at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee.
Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Controls Manager
at our Reno, NV office.
- Serve as Client's representative for the assigned project with
responsibilities for all phases of the Project.
- Ensure all required tasks are performed on-time and within
- Engage specifically in planning, staffing, scheduling, budget
management, quality control, safety, and coordination of
subcontractors and Internal technical and support staff.
- Manage client relationships.
- Develop project scopes, negotiate hours, prepare reports,
develop and maintain schedules and budgets, and ensure quality
reviews are complete.
- Provide all necessary documents, Information, and monthly
reports to Client's Safety Certification Review Committee.
- Identify scheduling and cost variances and recommendations for
corrective action for negative variance.
- Make recommendations on difficult engineering issues.
- Apply new and creative engineering solutions to complex
engineering. technical, and project management problems.
- Resolve issues with contract fulfillment in a timely manner and
ensure that all aspects of the program remain on schedule and
- Make work assignments and provide technical direction to the
project team. Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline desired,
but not required with applicable experience.
- 10+ years experience in project controls with 5+ years of
experience in transit and transportation projects
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in preliminary and
final design and procedure for transit projects.
- Experience in preparing project reports and documentation.
- Experience in establishing project control systems and
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of
project management, to coordinate, review and provide expert
technical management for the assigned projects.
- Knowledge of project controls, including critical path method
scheduling and budgetary control systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering requirements,
program policies, and procedures by which the Authority is
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, state, and local
transportation administration regulations and policies.
- Ability to independently organize and carry out assignments
with minimum direction as well as to function effectively as a
leader of highly professional personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
SharePoint). Preferred Qualifications
- Project Management, schedule or cost management training or
certification through Project Management Institute (PMI) or
American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) or other relevant
- Background knowledge of the civil engineering and construction
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Criteria and methods.
- Knowledge of project controls software such as COBRA, PRISM,
Procore, InEight desired.
- Hands on experience with ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 Professional.
- Successful completion of OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course.
Keywords: WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Reno , Project Controls Manager, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...