Manager of Tissue - Northern Nevada
Company: NEVADA DONOR NETWORK INC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationNorthern Nevada Office - Reno, NVPOSITION
SUMMARY The Manager of NNV Tissue supports the mission, goals, and
strategic plan of Nevada Donor Network, Inc. (NDN) by managing all
aspects of tissue recovery. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Essential Functions
- Develops, revises, and communicates standards, policies, and
procedures related to tissue recovery. Assures that all procedures
and policies are in compliance with Quality and Regulatory Affairs,
AATB standards, Federal Drug Administration (FDA), and Processor
- Will act as a Tissue Donation Specialist assisting with the
recovery of tissue, skin, cornea, and other recoveries
- Assists the Director of Tissue in interviewing and hiring
recovery technician applicants.
- Collaborates and supports the People Development Partner -
Tissue Services and Education and Development with the
implementation, and documentation of the clinical training plan for
tissue staff from the new hire and annual competencies. As well as
all necessary new and updated clinical procedures and
- Collects, analyzes, reports and communicates data related to
tissue recovery to the Director of Tissue Services and the QAPI
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data and statistics related to
tissue, ocular, and birth tissue recovery procedures, cases,
outcomes, productivity, efficiency, and related areas.
- Plans and implements a strategy for staffing of the service
- Collaborate with the Director of Tissue Services in developing
the Strategic Plan and business initiatives
- Develops and implement strategies to improve performance and
results within the department
- Acts to assure appropriate and efficient management of tissue
- Meets with the Medical Director (as needed) to resolve clinical
issues, and staff training needs.
- Maintains equipment and instrumentation according to quality
- Collaborates with other departments to improve overall outcomes
within the organization
- Serves as Administrator on Call for Tissue on a regular
- Participates in the on-call schedule to determine donor
suitability coordinate tissue recovery logistics and perform tissue
recoveries as needed.
- Works with the department Director in planning and adhering to
a department budget
- Ensures the department adheres to all Department and Quality
and Regulatory Affairs Standard Operating Procedures, internal QRA,
and applicable regulatory body regulations.
- Participates in the development and achievement of individual
scorecards to reflect individual, departmental, and company
- Collaborates with management and executive staff to develop and
operationalize best practices, staff satisfaction and retention,
organizational policies and procedures, and the overall culture and
philosophy of NDN. Serves as a member of the management team;
attends regular management meetings.
- Collaborates with Community Development and Hospital
Development with all business
- Assist with Facilities and Inventory in maintaining the
department inventory assets and supply levelsReasonable
Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s) -
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making
decisions for oneself.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.Competency
Statement(s) - Company Specific
- Understand and commit to the following:
- Organizational Core Purpose: To save and heal lives.
- Core Values: Relentless, Joyful, Selfless.
- Strategic Anchors: Mutually beneficial partnerships, diverse
revenue streams and get to yes: every donor every time
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Compliance - Ability of the individual to be in accordance with
established guidelines, policy, standards or legislation.SKILLS &
ABILITIESEducation: Bachelor's (4 year) Degree or higher; relevant
work experience may be submitted for some academic
requirementsExperience: Fourto ten years of related
experienceComputer Skills: Proficient inMS Office, Electronic
Medical RecordsCertificates & Licenses: CTBS requiredOther
Requirements: Knowledge of basic aseptic technique, universal
precautions, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology is
Keywords: NEVADA DONOR NETWORK INC, Reno , Manager of Tissue - Northern Nevada, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!