Vice President of Business Operations
Company: Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Location: Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows - Reno, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 Salary/year
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Executive
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:Manages and oversees five core
functions: (1) facilities, (2) food program, (3) transportation,
(4) athletics, and (5) information technology. Works closely with
the President/CEO to develop a comprehensive and accurate budget.
Responsible to monitor and report variances in revenues and
expenditures. Develop collaborative partnerships with vendors,
business partners, and various community organizations. Responsible
for directing and developing current and new business ventures as
they relate to athletics, transportation, food programs,
facilities, information technology. and construction projects.
Serves as the lead for the internal BGCTM Safety Committee, and has
oversight and responsibility for all security and safety-related
equipment, vendors, policies, etc.
- Manage operational processes; oversees the maintenance and
repair of buildings, equipment, and other facilities-related
- Responsible for administering and managing the Club's external
rental policies and contracts.
- Manage financial resources; participate in the development of
- Control expenditures per budget guidelines; make
recommendations of expenditures to support various programs and
- Provide direction on compliance issues relating to the federal
food programs and other food-related grant programs.
- Develop strategic initiatives for additional revenue sources
for the Club, including but not limited to, revenue streams
associated with athletics, food and food vending programs,
transportation, facility rentals, including remodel and other
- Initiate, review, and approve contracts with third party
vendors, with oversight by the President/CEO.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance, insurance, and outside
transportation requests and contracts for use of Club
- Responsible to initiate and complete a variety of contract
proposals for the Club.
- Serve as lead of the internal BGCTM Safety Committee, and as
the secretary of the Board-led Safety Committee.
- Manage the athletic program to ensure that all leagues and
athletic events are well coordinated and planned, providing a safe
and fun learning environment for athletes.
- Serve as the point of contact for several large vendors and
service providers: US Foods, NPCE (Club's information technology
provider), janitorial services, landscaping, security cameras,
building security vendor, copier vendor, etc.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals,
providing technical assistance in program design, development,
community relations and program operations, where applicable.
- Continually research meaningful community outreach
opportunities. Serve as a steward for the Club.
- Develop and maintain excellent public relations for Club
programs, services, and activities.
- Recruit, select, manage, and provide career development
opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Manage staff issues related to direct report employees:
performance reviews, leave requests, progressive disciplinary
action, staff hours, and other duties as required in a supervisory
- Attend regional and national conferences as appropriate for
position and within budgetary guidelines.
- Participate in special programs and/or events.
- ALL BGCTM employees have the responsibility to help maintain
the safety of our members and staff, and ensure an optimal Club
experience for all.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or
certification in a specialty area required.
- Minimum of five years of related experience required; or a
combination of degree or certification and related job
- Considerable knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies,
programs, and procedures of the Boys & Girls Club; of the
principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and coordinate
operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention
of key personnel; facilities management; and budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to
communicate effectively with a diverse population, and represent
BGCTM professionally to the community.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Able to produce and provide data/reports in a timely
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage
sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism,
- Able to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar
Keywords: Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows, Reno , Vice President of Business Operations, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!