Chickie's & Pete's Assistant Manager
Company: Meruelo Group
Posted on: September 23, 2022
NEW RESTAURANT - OPENING NOVEMBER 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the restaurant in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establishes and administers training programs within the
restaurant, including new employee orientation.
- Directs the development and administration of controls for all
phases of the restaurant in an economical and profitable manner
while maintaining established standards.
- Coordinates the maintenance and development methods for high
quality preparation of food; assists in the maintenance and
development of procedures for food service; and presents menu items
for maximum customer service satisfaction.
- Maintains an efficient program of scheduling to ensure a high
standard of food preparation and service with the use of minimum
- Maintains and instructs assigned personnel as to safety
policies and procedures and follows up to ensure hazards are
- Monitors appearance of all foods and communicates deviations
from standard to salaried food prep supervisor responsible for
- Acts immediately on all customer complaints to ensure that
corrections are made when possible.
- Compiles annual budget, variance reports, weekly management
reports, comp reports, linen/glass/silver/menu inventory and any
other reports deemed necessary by the Restaurant Manager or
Director of Food & Beverage.
- Monitors work of Food Cashiers to ensure that established
policies and procedures are being followed.
- Oversees all follow-up work to ensure non-recurrence of cashier
errors; works closely with Business Office and Internal Audit to
ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Counsels, guides and instructs assigned personnel in the proper
performance of their duties.
- Prepares and coordinates the periodical performance reviews of
- Recommends changes including hiring, promotion, demotion and
release of personnel; recommends wage and salary adjustments for
personnel within established guidelines.
- Interview potential employees who have been recommended by
- Requires effective communication in English, both verbal and
written form in a professional manner.
- A minimum of an Associates Degree, preferably in hotel and/or
restaurant management, Graduate of post high school, two year
Culinary Arts School, or equivalent technical training in the food
service industry may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Five years of restaurant/food service, including 3 years
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Able to compile, compute, and analyze pertinent data needed for
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
- Has working knowledge of computer programs including: Word,
Excel, Windows, LMS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
Federal contractors are required to state in all solicitations or
advertisements for employment that all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
Keywords: Meruelo Group, Reno , Chickie's & Pete's Assistant Manager, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!