Principal Program Manager, Infra Data Centers
Location: Carson City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Summary: Meta is seeking a Principal Program Manager to join our
Infra Data Center Site Services Team. This role will collaborate
with cross functional Infrastructure Data Center (IDC) teams to
build and deliver transformational solutions to enable scale and
achieve operational efficiency for Metas Infrastructure. In this
role, you will provide program management support to design,
develop and implement technical solutions from concept to
realization. While the Principal Program Manager is not required to
be an expert in all areas, deep knowledge is preferred in
strategies as they apply to the management of the infrastructure
lifecycle (planning, design, build/deployment, operations and
decommissioning). Working as an individual contributor (vs.
organization leader), the Principal Program Manager will develop
effective relationships with all levels across the organization and
our external partners to gather, understand and synthesize broad
program context of value definitions, goals, challenges and
opportunities for value enhancement. This individual will leverage
relationships and context to lead, facilitate and influence
initiatives and workstreams to further support of programs across
Data Centers and more broadly, Meta Infrastructure.Required Skills:
Principal Program Manager, Infra Data Centers Responsibilities:
- Lead, influence and/or support partners across Site Services,
IDC and Infra to drive strategic initiatives with org level impact
that further Metas infrastructure goals.
- Build roadmap strategies and prioritization across a portfolio
of infrastructure initiatives to deliver the greatest impact.
- Proactively Identify, develop and lead end-to-end process
engineering and/or automation efforts required to minimize manual
effort. Scale automation and tooling to support the lifecycle of
systems, network and data center facilities.
- Demonstrate deep, expert level, industry-leading experience in
one or more domains and conduct deep analysis of the problem space
in order to define end-to-end process and drive improvements for
- Influence major technical decisions across organization
boundaries. Influence stakeholder opinion to achieve alignment in
ambiguous or contentious topics to achieve goals.
- Drive clarity from ambiguity, set direction, facilitate
meaningful dialogue across a range of partners to arrive at a
cohesive, implementable plan.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business
to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like
use cases, systems and data diagrams and process flow
- Mentor other IDC Technical Program Managers, Engineering peers
and cross-functional teams in areas of leadership, operational
excellence, program level risk assessment, strategic planning and
- Available to travel approximately 10% of any month (domestic &
overseas).Minimum Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering Discipline
or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience multitasking and rethinking priorities on a frequent
basis to support a rapidly growing business model.
- Proven analytical and organizational experience in a large,
fast moving corporate environment.
- Superior communication, collaboration and influencing skills
are essential to the role.
- 15+ years of direct professional experience in any combination
of data center management, IT program management, operations
management and corporate leadership.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in cutting-edge technologies like high-performance
compute and AI/ML systems.
- Proven industry recognition or significant contribution to
strategies for IT Infrastructure and Data Center
operations.Industry: InternetEqual Opportunity: Facebook is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent
with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed
to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Reno , Principal Program Manager, Infra Data Centers, Executive , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!