Director of Marketing
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About Palisades Tahoe Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and . A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
Tahoe To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties. Applicants must be 21 years of
age. Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Direct and coordinate company marketing functions.
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function to identify
and develop new customers for products and services.
- Be primary custodian of the Palisades Tahoe brand
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify
marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project
- Develop and manage marketing budgets, and oversee the
development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs, and communications efforts,
to include public relations and community outreach.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals,
objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and
- Represent the company at various community and/or business
meetings to promote the company.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop
five year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental
goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Other duties as assigned. Management Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Manage a team of 15-20 employees. Carry out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Integrity & Compliance: Comply with Federal and California
Labor law in phases of the payroll and employment process; from
hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies &
- Commitment to Service: Achieve continuous improvement in
operational objectives by implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards. Contribute information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Strategic: Develop strategy and policies for the business unit
and aligns resources to meet goals. Direct and control the
activities of a broad functional area through several department
- Financial: Responsible for creating and maintaining labor
budget. Check and manage payroll for overtime, compliance with
labor model. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements,
preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing
variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Safety: Establish, implement, and enforce safety standards in
accordance with company policies and procedures as well as State &
Federal laws. Competencies and Job Requirements: Required:
- Strategic Planning: Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and
change management. Experience in planning marketing strategies,
advertising campaigns, and successful public relations
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and
verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively
present information to the executive team, management, employees,
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize
needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources
and time. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with
the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which
have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access) Education and Experience: Required:
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) or Masters in Marketing and ten years
of experience in a senior-level marketing position.
- Six years supervisory experience Physical Requirements: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. (Summary of daily physical activities, i.e. the
following:) While performing the duties of this job, (list
activities) the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see,
hear, smell, and ski. (list percent of activities) Must be capable
of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
(list weight requirements) Must be capable of frequently carrying,
lifting. pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust
focus. Working Conditions: Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
conditions. Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work
place is usually moderate. Equipment Used in Job:
- Six years supervisory experience
- 10 year(s): Ten years of experience in a senior-level marketing
- Bachelors or better
- High School or betterRequired
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Director of Marketing, Executive , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!