The Laughton Company - Insurance Account Manager
Company: Strategic HR Partners
Posted on: May 15, 2022
If you are passionate about the insurance industry and building
long-lasting relationships with clients, we would love to talk to
you about our full-time position:
Insurance Account Manager
The Laughton Company was founded in 1972 by Jim Laughton and is
currently under the management of Mitch Laughton. As shareholders
of National Financial Partners (NFP), one of the largest strategic
alliance of independent brokers in the United States (*Ranked 10th
based on total revenue (2010) financialplanning.com June 2011). The
professionals at the Laughton Company specialize in corporate
benefits consulting, including employee medical, dental, vision,
disability and life insurance, executive benefit planning, deferred
compensation and retirement plans, including 401(k), collaborative
design and implementation of Cafeteria plans, HSA's, HRA's , FSA's
and human resource assistance tools, in addition to customized
business succession plans and estate analysis with offices in Reno
and Las Vegas.
The philosophy of the professionals at the Laughton Company is to
serve as advocates & strategic partners for businesses desiring
innovative and customized solutions for their employee benefit
plans has enabled them to provide leading edge strategies that
bring a tangible result to the bottom line. The professionals at
the Laughton Company are renowned for their commitment to high
service ideals and standards.
We offer an excellent total compensation package that includes the
following: Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and
ABOUT THE JOB
The Insurance Account Manager helps companies and their employees
to choose the best outcome with their benefits programs. We are
looking for someone who is passionate about the insurance industry
and building long lasting relationships with existing clients. The
Insurance Account Manager will provide, maintain, and improve
services while building professional relationships. The Insurance
Account Manager will provide advisory service in promoting of
health and welfare programs.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Reno, NV (Hybrid possible following 6 months of
Overview of Job Functions and Responsibilities of the Insurance
- Identifying service problems, program trends, developing and
delivering solutions to the client within time frames that meet &
exceed the client's expectation.
- Resolving account performance issues and developing meaningful
action plans to improve performance.
- Review benefits options and alternative options that become
available each year with clients.
- Research, prepare, negotiate and deliver client benefits
analysis and renewal pricing to new and existing clients. Achieve
renewal goals and attend renewal meetings for assigned
- Liaising with carriers and vendors to check on the progress of
- Continually support the service needs of clients daily by
answering benefit questions and obtaining solutions that arise with
client billing, eligibility, enrollment and claims.
- Keep clients apprised of new laws/regulations that affect their
- Research and compile employee benefit information for WRAP
documents to maintain company compliance.
- Identify service problems, program trends, developing and
delivering solutions to the client within time frames that meet and
exceed the client's expectations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with company
owner/executive contacts authorized to make decisions through
meetings, telephone calls, text messages and emails.
- Assist with client Open Enrollment meetings and employee
benefits communication. Prepare enrollment packets and materials
for open enrollment presentations.
- Set-up and coordinate new account implementation.
- Propose and sell additional products and services.
- Work as a liaison between company field operations, corporate
divisions, assigned clients, carriers, brokers, agents and other
- Resolve account performance issues and develop meaningful
action plans to improve performance.
- Develop mutually agreed upon key performance indicators with
assigned accounts to monitor performance.
- Manage and coordinate client audits and file transfers.
You are passionate about the insurance industry and building
long-lasting relationships with clients.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Account Management experience in the insurance
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Successful track record in relationship management.
- Ability to communicate using problem solving and critical
thinking skills to meet customer needs.
- Enthusiastic about the insurance role in providing businesses
with products that match their company needs and goals.
- Familiarity with insurance products and employee benefits
- Knowledge of brokerage, insurance, money management, estate
planning, financial planning and/or retirement planning
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Attention to detail and ability to work under
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to an ever-changing
- Strong computer skills with database management and Microsoft
Education, Licensing and Experience
- Experience in employee benefits in the health and life
industry, with an emphasis on customer service is a plus.
- Associate/Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Nevada Life and Health License (must be able to obtain).
Insurance Account ManagerPI174125008
Keywords: Strategic HR Partners, Reno , The Laughton Company - Insurance Account Manager, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!