Meetings & Special Events Manager
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Posting Date Dec 28, 2021
Job Number 21153786
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe, 13031 Ritz Carlton Highlands
Court, Truckee, California, United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The
Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional
that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we
set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world
over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists in planning and execution of meetings and special events.
Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies.
The position has responsibility for assisting in the execution of
all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event
management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and
beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and
- Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of
- Assists in apprising property of all groups that will impact
- Assists in execution of event management strategy that is
aligned with the company's business strategy and leads its
- Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure
client satisfaction and quality standards.
- Assists in developing working relationships with outside
vendors and establishing prices and service agreements to enhance
the event experience and to increase additional revenue
opportunities for the property as needed.
- Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
- Assists in managing department controllable expenses to achieve
or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas
that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.MIRJ
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Reno , Meetings & Special Events Manager, Executive , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!