Sun Bowl Acai & Poke General Manager - Year Round - Full Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and .A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 21 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:General Responsibilities:
- Achieve restaurant operational objectives by implementing
established business plan, guest experience system and training
- Establish and maintain a fun, service-centric culture by
interviewing and hiring employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; holding team members
accountable; addressing complaints and resolving issues in a timely
- Promptly address guest concerns regarding food quality or
service through established guest recovery program.
- Create a culture of safe and responsible alcohol service,
avoiding legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the
alcoholic beverage commission and ensuring all team members are
TIPS trained. Follows and holds team accountable to the Food &
Beverage specific alcohol policy.
- Enforce sanitation standards and procedures while complying
with legal regulations.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are implemented and
followed according to company standards. Ensure all team members
hold a CA Food Handlers card.
- Plan menus by consulting with chefs; estimate food costs and
profits; adjusts menus as needed. Control costs by reviewing
portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste;
ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control and
monitoring accuracy of charges. Helps cost out new beverages and
works with F&B Purchasing & Receiving Manager to ensure
profitability goals are achieved.
- Assist in kitchen and front of the house duties as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining
personal networksManagement Responsibilities:
- General Management: Manage a team of 65-70 employees, taking
ownership of all aspects of the restaurant. Carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Be the standard in grooming and behaviors.
- Integrity & Compliance: Comply with Federal and California
Labor law in phases of the payroll and employment process; from
hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies &
- Commitment to Service: Achieve continuous improvement in
operational objectives by implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards. Contribute information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Financial: Responsible for creating and maintaining labor
budget. Check and manage payroll for overtime, compliance with
labor model and CA regulations. Meet financial objectives by
forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget; scheduling
expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective
- Safety: Establish, implement, and enforce safety standards in
accordance with company and F&B policies and procedures as well
as State & Federal laws.Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and
verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively
present information to management, employees, and customers.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize
needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources
and time. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with
the ability to handle multiple tasks. Strong organizational skills
and attention to detail. Working knowledge of computers including
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which
have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Leadership: Ability to lead the entire Rocker team in a
positive, caring manner, imparting knowledge to staff in a
professional manner. Ability to develop future leaders for the
restaurant and company. Is the role model for the culture of the
team and restaurant. Able to make independent judgments which have
considerable impacts on the organization.
- Partnership: Partners with the Rocker Chef in all aspects of
operations, including financial management, business development,
long term vision and day to day operations.
- Integrity: High level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Environmental Stewardship: Operate with environmental
awareness, leading by example, minimizing waste and complying with
state and federal regulations regarding composting and
recycling.Education and Experience:Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- Five years Food & Beverage Management and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years supervisory experience
- Must have or be able to obtain Serve Safe Manager Course
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card
- Food & Beverage Management experience in a resort setting.
- Knowledge of Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows F&B
outlets.Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, hear, smell and taste. Must be capable of walking or
standing 80% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable
of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and
the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise:
The noise level in the work place is usually loud. The employee
will have occasional exposure to fumes, odors, and gases.
Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant
exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant
energy hazards. Occasional exposure to toxic, caustic chemical
- Must have or be able to obtain Serve Safe Manager Course
- 3 year(s): Supervisory experience
- 5 year(s): Food & Beverage Management and/or training; or
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Sun Bowl Acai & Poke General Manager - Year Round - Full Time, Executive , Floriston, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!