Chalet Kitchen Manager - Winter Seasonal - Full Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call
1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram,
Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Acts as the role model for all grooming and uniform
- Punctual, timely and takes and manages breaks for self and
- Provides customers with top quality customer service in a
friendly and positive manner.
- Supervises and develops the culinary team at assigned
- Supervisory responsibilities include but not limited to:
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; weekly scheduling of
staff, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees menu production and execution, proper prep levels,
plating and portioning.
- Manages inventory, stocking, and prepping of all food
- Proactively plans the sequence and timing of cooking operations
to meet meal-serving hours. Delegates specific tasks to cooks and
- Maintain clean and orderly food and beverage facilities at all
times. Assure compliance with all health and sanitation
- Plan and execute events for internal and external guests.
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and
- Assist in ordering, receiving and storage of all items from all
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Assist kitchen and bus staff as needed.Competencies and Job
- Neat and clean appearance in compliance with the Squaw/Alpine
- Able to communicate effectively with kitchen personnel,
understand simple verbal instruction and perform them.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Have safety awareness at all times.
- Work well with others under any conditions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ablility to multi-task.
- Required to lift 50 lbsPhysical Requirements: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell and taste. Must
be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour
work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting.
pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust
- Must have or be able to obtain current CA Food Handlers Manager
- 2 year(s): Previous sous chef experience.EducationRequired
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Chalet Kitchen Manager - Winter Seasonal - Full Time, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!