Sr. Project Manager - Data Center Construction
Company: Turner & Townsend
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference.
That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our
people to realize their potential, anddoing our part to create a
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and
highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients
value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the
quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of
the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend's vision is to expand our global footprint. The
US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have
opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the
right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Turner & Townsendis looking for a Senior Project Manager to support
a large-scale, Data Center construction project with our prominent
technology client. The role will be responsible for construction
phase, commissioning and close out.
- Undertake field walks with the General Contractor and
- Work with GC, AE and OFCI vendors to create a coordinated
Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key
- Oversee the commissioning process and chair daily Cx meetings
- Support the lead project manager with weekly field reports
- Support the scheduler with updates on progress
- Attend and support the weekly OAC meetings and update on
construction status and Cx activities
- Lead a team of project managers and engineers
- Attend MDF/NDS network room handover inspections
- Support with field coordination between the General Contractor,
Commissioning Agent and Client
- Lead with project close out documentation
- Lead field inspections with the Architect, MEP Engineering
- Attend punch walks at substantial completion phase and lead
back-punch with the architect and MEP Engineering team
- Update Cx Alloy during the commissioning phase and close out
all open commissioning items
- Support the architect with RFI responsesConstruction:
- Manage GC and other directly contracted vendors by working with
the onsite Construction Management team.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review,
negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis.
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda,
bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc) process is in
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps.
- Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including
submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien
releases, etc is being enforced.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working
with supply chain and consultants.Close Out:
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion,
typically two to three months in advance with the client doc
control team, setting timelines and responsibilities.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Ensure receipt
of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties,
as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Ensure punch list, substantial completion and final completion
process through onsite Construction management team.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders,
quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications,
retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all
Owner-direct vendors, consultants
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years construction
- Field construction experience
- Commissioning experience
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic
- Mission critical experience
- Experience in data center construction is preferred.Preferred
- Project Management (or PMP), Engineering or a related
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please
email[email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability
and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the
employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources
Department at or[email protected]. This telephone line and email
address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities
requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job
application process. Please do not call about the status of your
job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or
an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as
following up on an application or non-disability related technical
issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited
CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring
managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or
that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited
CV's will be treated as a direct application.
Keywords: Turner & Townsend, Reno , Sr. Project Manager - Data Center Construction, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!