Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
*Relocation Assistance AvailableJOB SUMMARY Responsible for the
daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and,
if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure
property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and
well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable
for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and
employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years' experience in the
housekeeping or related professional area. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in
a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of
prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all
guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the
overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up
to ensure understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures
compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually
communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the
departmental goals to produce desired results. Conducting Human
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room
attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee
time and attendance.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are
completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures
(SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an --open door-- policy,
and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions
of team members. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of
corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance. Marriott Vacations
Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Reno , Housekeeping Manager, Executive , South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!