Business Development Manager
Company: Trimble Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Reno, NV
Department: NM Group
Trimble s NM Group is seeking a Business Development Manager in the
United States. The NM Group optimizes the performance of
electricity networks by remotely sensing and serving the position
and condition of our client's assets. From mapping and presenting
spatial data on an electrical network through to modeling and
displaying a 3D virtual network environment we deliver value to
electricity network operators.
While working independently and as part of a wider team, this is a
proactive role with responsibility for exploring, creating and
developing new business opportunities for NM Group (primarily in
North America) and securing sales revenue to grow our share of the
electricity transmission market in North America.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Researching organizations and individuals in NM Group customer
market to identify new leads and potential new business
opportunities for new and existing clients.
* Setting sales targets and developing strategies in line with
* Contacting potential new clients via email or phone to establish
rapport and set up meetings and ensure early engagement with
potential RFP opportunities.
* Develop new business with high tech consultative approach to
generate framework opportunities.
* Writing sales proposals and presentations.
* Liaise with current clients to understand how NM Group can
continue to meet their needs and to explore and identify additional
opportunities and renew frameworks.
* Understanding NM Group product set and how our products and
services can benefit existing and new clients, drawing on specific
additional NM Group resource as necessary.
* Secure sales revenue to meet targets and close deals.
* Attending conferences, meetings and industry events as speaker
* Working with Head of Commercial to develop sales forecasts,
targets, KPI s and assist with necessary business reporting.
* For the right candidate there will be the potential opportunity
to build and manage a sales team.
* General technical knowledge of and genuine interest in
electricity transmission and distribution industry to demonstrate
gravitas and expertise to clients. Engineering and geospatial
experience will be an advantage.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and
* Proven ability to negotiate with clients and secure sales.
* Proven ability and confidence to self-manage, working off own
initiative while within the confines of a team s remit.
* Proactive and forward facing and comfortable talking to clients
and stakeholders at all tiers of the business.
* Strong relationship management skills including internal and
external team members. People management skills will be an
* Organized and open approach to business development keeping CRM
system fully up to date and ensure all business actions properly
recorded and owned.
* Proficient with power point, excel, and other programs necessary
for the role.
* Need to be willing to travel frequently within North America and
also occasionally overseas.
Our Company Trimble is transforming the way the world works by
delivering products and services that connect the physical and
digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling,
connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve
productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From
purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble
software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of
industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and
transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble
(NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Reno , Business Development Manager, Executive , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!