Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications
infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth
connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s
leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline
carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and
professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides
customers with flexible solutions and self-service through
Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing
This position maintains all aspects of Zayo Group s Long Haul
Facilities in a geographical region of the backbone network which
covers typically 500+ miles of fiber. This position works closely
with both Corporate Engineering Operations and local Operational
Market Areas to perform regular, scheduled, and emergency
maintenance, troubleshooting and some field redesign. This position
is regularly on-call and involves significant amounts of driving
via a company-issued vehicle.
* Complete preventive maintenance per Long Haul PM guidelines on
all assigned facilities, maintain all Long Haul facilities
including cleaning floors and pulling weeds when necessary,
assuring all security devices are functioning within normal
parameters and all assets are secure.
* Operate Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR), power meters,
voltmeters, bit error rate and TDM/Ethernet testers. Utilize
computers to remotely access and monitor the Long Haul network,
communicate directly with assigned equipment, email, database
entry, creation of spreadsheets, and PM tracking and recording.
* Write Method of Procedures (MOP) for maintenance activities,
recommend process improvements, create reports, and provide
feedback to management on system readiness, availability, trending
* Responsible for on-call availability 24hrs a day 7 days a
* Resolve system issues independently and with assistance, using
troubleshooting techniques, contacting vendors when necessary, and
escalating to technical support groups as needed.
* Travel to assist other technicians and OMAs with installation and
maintenance and provide colocation escort to customers.
* Two-year college level degree in an associated field is
* Minimum of four years experience working with fiber optic carrier
equipment and Internet Protocol.
* Familiar with Windows, Word, Excel, MS Mail.
* Experience with generators, air-conditioners, battery power
plants, operation and maintenance.
* Basic electronics training or a minimum of four years experience
working with DC and AC circuits.
* Experience with Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) and
Optical Test Set.
* Must be able to drive for extended periods of time (up to
* Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, Reno , Long-Haul Technician, Engineering , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!