AIRCRAFT & AVIONICS MECHANICS
Company: Tactical Air Support
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Tactical Air Supports vision for the future is to be the worlds premier "Center of Excellence" for commercial tactical aviation training and support services.
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides government and aviation industry partners with unparalleled consulting and training experiences and is seeking experienced A&P and Avionics Mechanics to join its growing maintenance teams in Reno, Nevada.
Tactical Air Supports mission is to provide domestic and international Center of Excellence training and advisory services in tactical aviation, while supporting U.S. interests, and providing meaningful career opportunities for our employees. It is our goal to support and train U.S. forces and partner nations with premium services.
The Maintenance Division supports Tactical Air Supports Air Operations fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
The ideal candidate to join our maintenance teams will be professional, highly-productive, and responsive to the needs of the company, its customers, and co-workers.
The Key and Desirable Qualities for the Aircraft Mechanic Position:
- Description: The Aircraft Mechanic position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other team mates as needed.
- Experience: Passion for all aspects of repair and maintenance of high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) preferred. Three years current work experience in aircraft maintenance occupational field, preferable in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Education / Qualifications: A&P Certification, or ability to obtain certification, preferred. Valid state driver license. Support Equipment Operator License. Ability to cross-train into other specialties required.
The Key and Desirable Qualities for the Avionics Mechanic Position:
- Description: The Avionics Mechanic position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, troubleshooting, and replacement of aircraft electrical/avionics systems on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other team mates as needed.
- Experience: Passion for all aspects of repair and maintenance of high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) preferred. Three years work-related knowledge, skills, and experience in aircraft avionics occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Education / Qualifications: Government approved certification program for each T/M/S of aircraft (i.e., Plane Captain certified IAW, Operational Risk Management, Hazardous Communications, Egress/Explosive System Checkout, Emergency Reclamation, Corrosion Control, Support Equipment Operator, Turn-up Certification, CDI, Tow Supervisor, Brake Rider, Respirator, Aircraft Battery, Hydrazine Response, ESD/EMI, Control Release, SAME). Ability to cross-train into other specialties required.
All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Must be able to attain appropriate security clearance in support of operations. Must be required to complete background check and pre-employment drug screening. May be required to travel to various work sites throughout the U.S.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to relocate to Reno, Nevada. Tactical Air Support will not provide reimbursement for travel or relocation expenses.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in avionics maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air Support invites you to apply.
A complete position profile and job description may be found at https://tacticalairsupport.com/jobs/. All applicants must submit a current resume and completed employment application.
This position will remain open until filled.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air Support is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Tactical Air Support, Reno , AIRCRAFT & AVIONICS MECHANICS, Engineering , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!