System Installation Technician
Company: KR Wolfe
Posted on: March 14, 2023
SummaryThe Field Service Specialist is responsible for
performing repair and maintenance services associated with the
products and facilities of KR Wolfe's clients. - -We are looking
for a candidate with AV experience.Duties and
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and ResponsibilitiesAdherence to
KR Wolfe's Mission, Vision & Values
Must demonstrate SPIRIT in all work
that is performedMust understand, follow & promote company's
Mission, Vision & Values at all times.Must lead by example. Pay
Range: $23.00 to $30.00 per hour -Core Responsibilities - All
Adhere to all KRW policies and
procedures at all times. It is required that at all times each
employee be presentable, and follow KR Wolfe's dress code including
the use of appropriate safety gear. Employee must use a company
provided computer and/or smart phone to email and communicate for
project info, travel itinerary, enter timecards daily, enter
project notes and project pictures on a daily basis. Employee must
accurately complete daily timecard, document activities extensively
through notes and pictures, complete and manage one's own expense
reports, and various other forms and documents as a regular course
of business. All of which must be done on a daily basis. Employee
shall care for and ensure all company and client property remains
in good condition. Employee will prepare documents using Microsoft
Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Salesforce etc.).Employee must
demonstrate professional etiquette with team members, superiors &
clients at all times. Employee shall demonstrate strong oral and
written communication skills at all times. Employee may manage
varied information of company and/or project needs, objectives and
responsibilities. Employee will perform basic math.Employee will be
required to solve problems, escalating matters to KRW leadership as
necessary. Employee will perform Punch List Items.Employee must
read, interpret and understand schedules.Employee must demonstrate
positive customer communication at all times.Employee must maintain
environmental awareness at all times. - Employee must adhere to
safety measures at all times. Must use proper personal protective
equipment (PPE) at all times. Employee must maintain all required
credentials at all times. In order for employee to advance from one
tier to the next 100% compliance with deadlines and 100% accuracy
with documentation must be achieved and maintained. This includes
and is highly focused on, but not limited to timesheets, daily
reports, monthly expense reports. -Tier 1
Owns complete set of all basic hand
tools and has experience using hand tools and power toolsProficient
in using a voltage meter, soldering iron, torque wrench, tone
generator, digital level, multimeter, networking cable
testers/certifiers. Understands the basics of AC/DC
voltage.Completes assigned work in a high-quality manner and in
compliance with scopes of work assigned.Attends all applicable
trainings and asks questions if applicable in order to ensure full
understanding of expectations and requirements. Able to work on
ladders of all sizes.Experience operating material lifts and
scissor lifts.Mounts and dresses monitors of various sizes
including large wall panels.Installs, connects, and manages video
routers and switches.Installs PTZ cameras. Programs various
equipment. Cuts and pulls cables to length. Dresses cables.
Terminates a variety of cable types including, but not limited to
RBGHV, SVID, Composite, CAT5e, and CAT6.Identifies and understands
various source plates. Identifies cable types including: RGBHV,
SVID, Composite, Networking, HD-SDI, Fiber, Power, Control, DVI-D
and DVI-I.Service and installation of surgical lights, equipment
delivery and anesthesia delivery systems.Ability to fit in tight
spaces including ceiling access panels, comm. closets, interstitial
spaces, cabinets.Safely move equipment from area to area. Equipment
can be heavy, large and difficult at times.Mechanical skills:
Ability to set all-threads/level nuts at correct
specifications.Work in a kneeling/crouching position for long
periods of time.Cleans up job-site, removes trash, and leaves a
clean workspace. Competent with MS Office and ability to use
various web-based portals.Interact with our client and their
customers using effective "soft" skills.Ability to use FaceTime or
Skype Video.Able to take direction without push back.Responds to
company communication within a reasonable timeframe, or urgently
when applicable. Partners with other specialists, management, and
internal KR Wolfe support team to provide excellent customer
service. - Partners with internal KR Wolfe support team to ensure
proper job records, timecards, expenses, vaccines, credentials,
travel documents, and other items are kept up-to-date as
needed.Works with supervision. -Tier 2
- Includes Tier 1 skills and minimum of 1-year proficient
experience in Tier 1 capacity.
- Uses strong people skills to positively interact with clients
and their customers.
- Regularly partners with other Specialists, management, and
internal KR Wolfe support team to provide world-class customer
- Troubleshoots complex mechanical/audio-video/hydraulic client
equipment, makes repairs, and communicates plans to project
leaders, clients, and client customers.
- Program various pieces of equipment.
- Manage inventory of repair/replacement parts including the
recording of serial/model numbers, ordering of new parts, and
returning of defective parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate reflected ceiling
plans, elevation drawing, room flow diagrams.
- Ability to manage a large and dynamic workload on a regular
- Works under general supervision, may lead small projects or
small teams. -Tier 3
- Includes Tier 1 & 2 skills and shows a minimum of 1-year
proficient experience in Tier 2 capacity
- Acts as subject matter expert on service and installation of
various pieces of client equipment including surgical lights,
equipment delivery, and anesthesia delivery systems using reflected
ceiling plans, elevation drawing, and room flow diagrams.
- Effectively trains and mentors team on proper procedures
including both technical and administrative.
- Attends client meetings as needed.
- Regularly acts as project leader on job sites.
- Identifies, documents, and communicates new best
- Ability to adequately complete work assignments with limited
information and/or direction.
- Ability to digest and communicate information in an efficient
and rapid manner.
- Documents and communicates relevant situations and
communications which occur within team regarding client issues,
team training, etc. to appropriate parties.
- Works under minimal supervision and may lead projects small and
large. -Tier 4
- Includes Tier 1, 2, & 3 skills, and shows a minimum of 1-year
proficient experience in Tier 3 capacity
- Supervises the work of Field Service Tiered personnel.
- Provides feedback to team members regarding their performance
and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works with Director of Field Operations, Business Unit Manager,
and HR department to ensure strong performance and behavior of
- Manage a team on projects and programs of all sizes
- Sets a strong example for other members of the team
- Conducts regular check-ins with team. Summarizes and
communicates issues, resolutions, best practices with team and
- Ensures team consistently submits timecards and reporting
accurately and timely on a daily basis.
- Acts as on-site project manager.
- Ability to multitask and manage teams on multiple projects
- Communicates clearly and concisely both written and
- Leads projects, supervises and trains team members. Escalates
issues to management when necessary. Other Duties and
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, Ability, and
Experience RequiredTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Education and Experience - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
High School Diploma, technical trade
school or equivalent. - 2-5 years' experience in a Field Service
environment. -Language Skills - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ability to read,
analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. - Ability to
respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively with top management, peers,
clients, and/or vendors.Mathematical Skills - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
practical situations.Reasoning Ability - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
variables.Computer Skills - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - To perform this job
successfully, an individual must have Must have intermediate
computer skills. -Knowledge of/ability to quickly learn Contact
Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development
software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software,
required. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Credentialing, Vaccine, and Training RequirementsEmployees are
required to have the following credentials, vaccines, and training
prior to being placed in this position:
Negative TB TestNegative 10 Panel
Drug TestValid Driver License and acceptable driving record May Be
MMR VaccineHepatitis B Vaccine
SeriesVaricella VaccineTdap VaccineOSHA 10Flu Vaccine Covid-19
-Additional credentials, vaccines, and training may be required
depending on customer demands.Travel RequirementsThis position
requires up to 100% travel and frequently requires work or travel
on weekends, nights, and evenings. Physical Demands and Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Physical Activity
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the
amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically
moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of
balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and
maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor
is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.Physical Requirements
- Very heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently,
and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement
devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to
the eyes.Working Conditions
- The worker is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to
cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise
- The worker is subject to vibration. Exposure to oscillating
movements of the extremities or whole body.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and
high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of
the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the
skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces,
shafts, manholes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line
pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or
passageways. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: KR Wolfe, Reno , System Installation Technician, Engineering , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...