Company: Mary's Gone Crackers, Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for conducting machine
setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance
services. Essential Functions Routine Maintenance: Performs
unplanned maintenance in a timely and safe manner ensuring repairs
are performed to minimize downtime.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during production and completes a "Maintenance Request Form" for
each repair and records any parts used on "Parts Used" forms.
- Performs "Daily Shift Checks", Waste Water checks, Boiler
Checks and communicates any issues as well as work completed in the
handover log book.
- Communicates clearly any relevant issues to the following shift
during the hand-over period. Preventative Maintenance: Performs
preventative maintenance in a timely and safe manner ensuring
downtime is minimized and communicating with Production
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment
completing the "Planned Maintenance" work ticket in full. Records
any parts used on "Parts Used" forms.
- Reports any issues during the completion of planned maintenance
- Proposes improvements to the Planned Maintenance routines
Safety: Ensures that all work is conducted in a safe manner
according to training received and Manufacturers' recommendations.
- Assures all equipment is repaired according to training
received and the manufacturer's instructions. If a safe temporary
repair is required, then this should be communicated to the
- Ensures workplace is left clean, tidy, and safe following work
either in production or workshop. Communication and Teamwork:
Communicates with both Maintenance Team Members and personnel from
other departments to ensure activities are coordinated and well
- Communicates in a timely fashion with production managers and
supervisors before and after conducting Maintenance work.
- Follows safety guidelines and "Lock-out Tag-out" procedures
especially communicating to "affected" employees before work starts
and after work is complete.. General Maintenance: Assists others in
the department by sharing knowledge and working on special projects
as required .
- Applies sound reasoning in troubleshooting maintenance issues
to identify the root cause of problems by observing mechanical
devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision
measuring and testing instruments or other techniques.
- Uses mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical,
electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting for production
and ancillary equipment using appropriate equipment.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment ensuring all
Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Can be asked to participate in project work as required. Other
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
Report all unsafe activities to the Supervisor and/or Human
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prioritize tasks in conjunction with Maintenance and Production
Supervision. Supervisory Responsibility This position has no
supervisory responsibility Travel Minimal overnight travel (up to
10%) by land and/or air Mental and Physical Demands
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily
activities of a primarily production/technical nature
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items works with
the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials Work
- Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate
- An atmosphere with moderate noise Qualifications
- Ability to write simple correspondence and reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only
occasional or no variables
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures,
or governmental regulations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic computer skills. Preferred Education, Experience,
Certifications, and licenses
- Previous Forklift Experience Required Education, Experience,
Certifications, and licenses
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Two years related mechanical experience and/or training Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Mary's Gone Crackers, Inc, Reno , Mechanic, Engineering , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!