Vehicle Mechanic - Experienced - Year Round
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Palisades Tahoe Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass , which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.
to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter ,
Facebook , and Vimeo . A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Olympic Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat,
Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
Alpine To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties. Applicants must be 18 years of
age. Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for safe and dependable
- Perform preventative maintenance, lubrication and adjustments
according to manufacturer's guidelines on snow grooming machines,
heavy equipment, buses, trucks, vans, snowmobiles, and other
- Repair, remove and/or replace necessary parts to keep vehicles
in operation. This is done both in shop and out on hill.
- Perform major overhauls on all types of gasoline and diesel
engines, gear boxes, differentials, and transmissions.
- Perform metal repairs/fabrication using all types of welding
and cutting tools.
- Complete work orders on all vehicles.
- Notify supervisors of needed replacement parts, assists with
- Mend damaged body parts.
- Perform major overhauls on heavy equipment i.e.: Caterpillar
loaders and Peterbilt trucks
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area, follows safety
procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with vehicle and equipment operator orientation and
training. Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Able to perform under pressure in adverse conditions and
willingness to tackle any odd job that comes up
- Must have own tools
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Able to safely operate all types of equipment.
- Able to identify and repair all types of mechanical issues
especially when safety is involved.
- Able to conduct his or her self in a professional manor at all
times. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to
use hands to finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls. Must
be capable of frequent wrist, elbow and should twisting and pulling
movements. Must be capable of walking or standing 70% or more of a
normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally lifting
and pushing or pulling 100 lbs or more, and frequently lifting,
pushing or pulling, and carrying up to 40lbs. Must be capable of
climbing movements, walking on uneven terrain, and walking on snow
and ice, and operating snow vehicles. Must be able to bend, kneel,
reach, and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Working Conditions:
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will occasionally be exposed to outside weather
conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical
parts and in precarious places. Hazardous Materials/Noise: Employee
will often be in contact with hazardous substances. They will be
occasionally exposed to extreme hot/cold and wet conditions, noise,
fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electric shock. The noise
level in the work place is usually loud. Equipment Used in Job:
Various Experience Required
- Valid Driver's License
- Heavy equipment, snowcat, and/or snowmobile repair
- Mechanical experience with over-the-snow vehicle, 4WD
- 5 year(s): Vehicle maintenance experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experiencePreferred
- Heavy equipment experience
- Ability to read both electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Hydraulic system experience
- Air system and air brake knowledge
- Welding and fabrication background
- Strong diagnostic ability
- Knowledge of all typical shop equipment Education Required
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Vehicle Mechanic - Experienced - Year Round, Engineering , South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!