Vehicle Mechanic - Experienced - Year Round
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe,
California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The
resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with
stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and
riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent
beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering
cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for
boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside
lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley--, which bustles year-round
with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques.
With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny
California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring
Skiing Capital --- and provides the longest ski and snowboard
season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon
Pass , the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44
iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21
ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to
change the resort name, removing the word "squaw," which is widely
considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a
new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley
Alpine Meadows website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit
us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Vimeo . A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
Alpine To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties. Applicants must be 18 years of
age. Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the
following; other duties may be assigned:
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for safe and dependable
- Perform preventative maintenance, lubrication and adjustments
according to manufacturer's guidelines on snow grooming machines,
heavy equipment, buses, trucks, vans, snowmobiles, and other
- Repair, remove and/or replace necessary parts to keep vehicles
in operation. This is done both in shop and out on hill.
- Perform major overhauls on all types of gasoline and diesel
engines, gear boxes, differentials, and transmissions.
- Perform metal repairs/fabrication using all types of welding
and cutting tools.
- Complete work orders on all vehicles.
- Notify supervisors of needed replacement parts, assists with
- Mend damaged body parts.
- Perform major overhauls on heavy equipment i.e.: Caterpillar
loaders and Peterbilt trucks
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area, follows safety
procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with vehicle and equipment operator orientation and
training. Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Able to perform under pressure in adverse conditions and
willingness to tackle any odd job that comes up
- Must have own tools
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Able to safely operate all types of equipment.
- Able to identify and repair all types of mechanical issues
especially when safety is involved.
- Able to conduct his or her self in a professional manor at all
times. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to
use hands to finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls. Must
be capable of frequent wrist, elbow and should twisting and pulling
movements. Must be capable of walking or standing 70% or more of a
normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally lifting
and pushing or pulling 100 lbs or more, and frequently lifting,
pushing or pulling, and carrying up to 40lbs. Must be capable of
climbing movements, walking on uneven terrain, and walking on snow
and ice, and operating snow vehicles. Must be able to bend, kneel,
reach, and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Working Conditions:
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will occasionally be exposed to outside weather
conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical
parts and in precarious places. Hazardous Materials/Noise: Employee
will often be in contact with hazardous substances. They will be
occasionally exposed to extreme hot/cold and wet conditions, noise,
fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electric shock. The noise
level in the work place is usually loud. Equipment Used in Job:
Various Experience Required
- Valid Driver's License
- Heavy equipment, snowcat, and/or snowmobile repair
- Mechanical experience with over-the-snow vehicle, 4WD
- 5 year(s): Vehicle maintenance experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experiencePreferred
- Heavy equipment experience
- Ability to read both electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Hydraulic system experience
- Air system and air brake knowledge
- Welding and fabrication background
- Strong diagnostic ability
- Knowledge of all typical shop equipment Education Required
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Vehicle Mechanic - Experienced - Year Round, Engineering , South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!