Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Location: Carson City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for a Heavy Equipment
Mechanic for our Carson City, NV plant. In this role you will
support a positive safety culture within an open pit mining
operation that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Heavy
Equipment Mechanic, you will perform maintenance on all types of
mining equipment.Arcosa Specialty Materials is a leading producer
and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight
and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed
stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.What
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Assist operators with preventative and predictive maintenance
of equipment by inspecting and testing electrical, mechanical, and
- Control downtime by informing operators of daily preventive
maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of equipment failures and
- Some welding, perform minor body work.
- Observe all operation policies and procedures;
- Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental legal and company
standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top
- Purchase and pick up parts.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Attend scheduled departmental and safety meetings.
- Comply with strict safety procedures, following all MSHA
- Actively promote and observe safety and security procedures and
use equipment and materials properly.
- Demonstrate initiative, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrate aptitude to acquire additional skills.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for
communicating and coordinating work efforts with other
- Actively helps and trains others.What you'll need:
- Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
- The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs,
ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up
to 60 pounds.
- At least 5+ years diesel mechanic experience, preferably heavy
equipment mechanics in construction or mining environment.
- Proficient skills in General Maintenance, Lubrication, Welding,
Hydraulics, Drive Trains and Diagnostics.
- The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot,
dry, dusty, rainy).
- Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative
importance of job responsibilities.
- Problem solving skills; exercises good judgment in determining
best method and procedure to be followed.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow
- Welding experience.
- MSHA certification (we will train).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and
labels. Ability to fill out all paperwork associated with
- Regularly sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing.
- Frequent use of hands and arms. Requires ability to lift,
carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75lbs.
- Occasional bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching,
ascending and descending stairs or ladders.Work Environment
- This job is performed in the open pit mine and crushing plant
in a mining and production environment.
- While performing job duties there is regular exposure to
moderate to loud noise levels, fine dust, vibration and moving
Keywords: Arcosa, Reno , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!