Payroll & Scheduling Administrative Assistant
Company: Northstar California Resort
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first
time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team
means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors
while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from
around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a
season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some
of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic
pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail
discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading
training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee
discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain
shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and
Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Ski and Ride School Payroll Administrative Assistant will
provide payroll, scheduling, and administrative support to the Ski
and Ride School Management team and employees. This individual is
responsible for the daily input of instructor time cards and is the
first point of contact in assisting instructors with payroll and
scheduling questions and changes. Working closely with the
Administrative Supervisor, the Scheduling and Payroll
Administrative Assistant has shared responsibility in processing
payroll, instructor scheduling, maintaining electronic files, and
Prior to resort Winter operation, this position mainly consists of
inputting, adjusting, and monitoring instructor schedules, ensuring
proper coverage in order for Ski School operations to run
efficiently. They will be the main point of contact between
instructors and supervisors for scheduling questions and must be
able to establish and maintain exceptional communication throughout
the Ski and Ride School, Administrative teams, and correlating
departments. This individual must be comfortable with running and
exporting scheduling reports while manipulating data into a
This position is an integral role within the Ski and Ride School
and requires the candidate to be well organized with excellent time
management and strong attention to detail. Strong candidates
understand how to take initiative and can act professionally and
maintain confidentiality at all times. Additionally, candidates
will need to be comfortable working independently and in teams,
working at a computer for long periods of time, completing
repetitious daily administrative and data entry tasks, and have the
ability to work well under pressure in continuously changing
- Outlet: Ski & Ride School
- Starting Wage: $20 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time & Part Time
- Skill Level: Entry, Intermediate Job Responsibilities:
- Must be adept in knowledge of and ability to use a variety of
computer software platforms (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and
Excel) in order to handle work involving word processing, data
manipulation and analysis, project timelines and other applications
as necessary to support the Administrative Supervisor.
- Assists Ski and Ride School Supervisors in maintaining accurate
records and tracking systems.
- Support instructors and team members in understanding their pay
and employee paperwork, including being able to verbally
communicate information and running reports and presenting data in
a clean format.
- Assist in changing, monitoring, and input of instructor
schedules and communicating changes to instructor and Supervisor
- Responsible for daily input and upkeep for a high volume of
- Input daily time cards for SRS instructors.
- Assist in processing payroll and HR paperwork. This includes
working with our Administrative Supervisor, Corporate Payroll and
Human Resources team to process pay adjustments, expense
- Working effectively within and maintaining an organized
electronic filing system (access data entry, record maintenance,
compliance tracking, etc.)
- Managing incoming telephone and/or radio calls and handling
messaging and information appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with
fluctuating and time sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work under tight
deadlines and changing priorities with accuracy, dependability and
a positive attitude.
- Willingness to assist as needed in various aspects of Ski
School operations - this may include working with guests, children,
or at times working outdoors.
- High School diploma required; 4-year college degree
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Highly proficient in Sling when scheduling and planning
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in
- Ability to act resourcefully and adapt to a changing
environment while providing exceptional customer service skills to
guests and employees alike.
- Ability to positively contribute to a respectful work
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Payroll and/or administrative experience preferred.
- Snow-sports background preferred.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. The budgeted
range starts at $20 - $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456285
Keywords: Northstar California Resort, Reno , Payroll & Scheduling Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!