Company: Renown Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
This position is responsible for the operational, financial,
quality and patient experience performance for their assigned
departments. This position supports organizational Administrative
and Physician Leaders in the delivery of quality care and service
in a cost-effective manner. The Administrative Director is
responsible for the execution of strategic initiatives both at a
divisional and system level. Incumbent will have strong working
knowledge of physician practice operations as well as aspects of
The position will also evaluate existing service lines and products
to ensure competitiveness in the market while staying focused on
patient/customer care excellence. The Administrative Director's
primary focus will be on development, enhancement, integration and
optimization of the patient experience from a service delivery and
patient product perspective. Significant partnership and effective
communications with physicians and other staff will be required to
ensure success in the position.
At the direction of Executive leadership the Administrative
Director's responsibility includes the development, creation and/or
implementation of new services and programs within Renown Health.
The incumbent will also work collaboratively with Acute leadership
as needed to ensure that physician services are meeting programming
and clinical quality expectations. The incumbent shall address and
resolve all issues pertaining to practice operations in accordance
with established budgets and policies and procedures of Renown
Nature and Scope
The Administrative Director will have several key initiatives and
skills for success:
1. The ability to optimize clinical and business performance within
a given portfolio of services. This will be accomplished through
input and collaboration with clinical and non-clinical team
2. The ability to review, adjust and augment existing business
service lines and programs. This will include forecasting,
auditing, review of budget and expenses and the ability to manage
3. The ability to manage projects independently or collaborate
within a team setting. Excellent organizational skills, the ability
to set and adhere to time lines and other project management skills
are a must.
4. The ability to develop business lines that support and embrace
Renown's journey to Value.
5. The ability to provide oversight of assigned departments.
6. Develop physician recruitment plans and work with recruitment
team to attract and hire top talent.
7. The ability to work on complex, cross-functional issues that
take into account the viewpoints of multiple stakeholders.
8. The ability to communicate and influence across varying levels
of the organization.
9. The ability to present coherent and compelling proposals to
Duties/responsibilities include but not limited to the
1. Provide monthly financial and operational performance
improvement reports to Leadership on status of tasks or goals of
the group practice.
2. Development and implementation of annual budgets. Provides
projections and department analysis as needed.
3. Evaluate and make tactical changes to ensure optimal provider
4. Use benchmark driven decision making to deliver sustainable
5. Collaborate with Payer Contracting to optimize Net Revenue
Human Resource Management:
1. Develop and implement operational and personnel changes to
2. Provides effective leadership for providers, support staff,
including ancillary services where appropriate.
3. Is an inspiring leader.
4. Develops and maintains effective communications with Physician
leaders and other practice administrators.
5. Creates collaborative work environments.
6. Recruits, develops and retains top talent.
Business and Clinical Operations:
1. Strong knowledge of physician practice metrics, compensation
methodologies, and physician strategy.
2. An understanding of value driven compensation and impact of
clinical operations on risk based reimbursement arrangements.
3. Work collaboratively with leadership and peers to develop new
services and programs.
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
1. Champions innovation and supports change.
2. Promotes continuous learning and employee development.
3. Executes plans to achieve growth goals.
4. Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians,
employees and patients.
5. Exemplifies excellent customer service towards patients,
families, visitors, volunteers, physicians and co-workers.
6. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect.
7. Demonstrates exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
resulting in proven relationship building capability.
8. Complies with all Federal, State and other regulatory guidelines
9. Continually evaluates operations, analyzes processes and
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.
Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Bachelor's Degree required. MHA or MBA strongly preferred. Must
have working-level knowledge of the English language, including
reading, writing and speaking English.
Minimum of seven years experience in managing and leading groups,
preferably in a healthcare environment. Minimum of five years
experience with direct practice management. Experience in project
management highly preferred. Prior EPIC experience preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer
to complete online learning requirements for job-specific
competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online
benefits enrollment, etc.
Keywords: Renown Health, Reno , Administrative Director, Administration, Clerical , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!