Company: James Hardie
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Position SummaryThe Cost Accountant plans, analyzes, and
communicates the cost detail of the plants manufacturing operations
through detailed reports of efficiencies related to the plants
production and other key financial information for management
review. The incumbent also coordinates and conducts cycle counts
and annual physical counts within the plant and guiding the cost
analysis process. As a member of the Accounting team, the Cost
Accountant reports to the Plant Controller.Position
ResponsibilitiesPlans, analyzes, and communicates the profitability
of the plants manufacturing operations to produce informative,
detailed reports outlining efficiencies, plant production, and key
financial information for management review by: (60%)
- Independently collecting and analyzing operational data
- Gathering data from key shop floor staff on production,
inventory control, maintenance, etc.
- Examining the plants production costs, gain/loss, and month-end
- Gaining understanding, explaining, and reconciling
manufacturing financial variances for the plant
- Verbally communicating results to the plant manager, plant
management staff, and plant operators in both small and large group
- Identifying resources and solutions to control or eliminate
gaps to plan and/or plant performance goalsGuides cost analysis
process by implementing, refining, and reporting cost account
processes that highlight operational opportunities and initiate
projects that provide effective solutions by: (20%)
- Participating in daily/weekly plant meetings to explain results
of analysis and identified solutions
- Providing trends and forecasts and recommending future
- Continually identifying, designing, and implementing best cost
accountant practices and process improvements and explaining
processes and techniques throughout the plant
- Interacting with all levels of the plant to help drive change
and gain commitment and buy-in for the new processes
- Collaborating with business partners in the implementation of
SAP to better control operational processesCoordinates and conducts
cycle counts and annual physical counts within the plant by: (20%)
- Gathering employees to take part in the cycle counts
- Training employees on the proper counting technique and
measuring their understanding
- Ensuring that the cycle count is completed efficiently and
accurately and that all data has been entered properly
- Identifying and explaining inventory variances between the
general ledger and perpetual inventory as well as differences
identified during physical inventory counts.The position
responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as
all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as
necessary.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Ability to challenge information and a passion to exhaustively
uncover robust facts and data which improve insights and the
quality of the final decision.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex and detailed data and
information into meaningful outtakes and decision base
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve
problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
with the ability to communicate cost and financial information
across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and think
independently about alternative ways to solve problems based on
analysis of data.
- Ability to offer advanced solutions based on collected,
summarized, and analyzed data.
- Ability to apply creativity and latitude in identifying new
projects, trends, and processes.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of
various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software
(Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, pivot
tables & V Lookups, and other financially-related and proprietary
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and
services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- The desire and tenacity to grow within the organization with
the ability to relocate to other manufacturing facilities for
advancement opportunities as appropriate. Education/Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related field (Accounting or Finance
- 2 or more years of strong experience in standard costing,
material, labor and overhead variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems software (SAP
preferred).#LI-DT15James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
Keywords: James Hardie, Reno , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!