Internal Auditor, Senior
Company: Renown Health
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Under the general direction of Chief Corporate Compliance Officer, the Internal Auditor, Senior provides support to the organization by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, risk management, and governance processes for Renown Health and related entities. This position will also assist with any audit preparations including internal, external and Federal/State audits. The internal audit function is located under the department of Audit and Compliance.
Nature and Scope:
Plan, develop, execute, and prepare reports for financial, operational, and compliance audits; external audit assistance, self-assessments, and special projects, as requested; and internal control and information systems evaluations at the direction of the Chief Corporate Compliance Officer. This position holds primary responsibility for planning, writing audit programs, reviewing, and reporting on operational audits, and performing and tracking follow-up on all action plans from those audits.
This position determines the proper levels of staff to accomplish tasks, and requires technical abilities, judgment, and experience to review the work of other staff in the department.
This position must be objective and independent of the activity being reviewed. It is authorized to have free and unrestricted access to organization functions, records, property, and personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills; effective oral and written communication with both internal and external contacts, which clearly and effectively convey project objectives, evaluations, conclusions, and recommendations; understanding of human relations; maintaining satisfactory relationships with project clients.
- Proficient in knowledge of risks and controls for various financial cycles in an organization.
- Demonstrate curiosity, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to apply knowledge and address situations appropriately without extensive recourse to technical research in the following areas: Internal audit standards, procedures, and techniques; accounting principles and techniques; and management principles.
- Participate in the annual Internal Audit risk assessment and compliance audit reviews.
- Develop internal auditing programs and monitoring plans for reconciliation of audit findings.
- Lead auditing and monitoring projects to address specific healthcare risks.
- Investigate and resolve fraud and theft issues.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs and various office equipment.
- Willing to increase level of technical competence specific to the organization and the health care industry.
- Develop staff by verifying the adequacy and effectiveness evidential documentation.
- Ability and experience in evaluating risks and controls and develop audit programs in areas not previously audited.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Proficiency in time management.
- Proficient in report writing and communications at all areas of the organization.
- Motivate and encourage others to enhance teamwork.This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements Required and/or Preferred
Education: Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor s Degree in healthcare related field, business or financial degree; Master s Degree preferred. At a minimum, all auditors must hold a membership in the Institute of Internal Auditors. (IIA)
Experience: Minimum three years of internal auditing experience. Health care experience strongly preferred.
Certification(s): CIA designation required, but may obtain within one year of hire.
Computer / Typing: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Experience with auditing software is a plus.
Keywords: Renown Health, Reno , Internal Auditor, Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!