Accounting Assistant Manager
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CAYear RoundAbout Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe
is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000
skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort
celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics,
the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic
and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average
annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates
the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The
European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round
events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which
are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon
Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In
2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a
name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the
Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You
can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A
Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age. Job Summary: The
Accounting Assistant Manager, in partnership with the Accounting
Manager, supports all daily functions of the Accounting team,
including invoice review, payment processing, and follow up with
Alterra Mountain Company (AMC) home office to ensure standards for
timeliness and accuracy are met. The Assistant Manager is also
responsible for addressing, researching, and correcting issues
related to payment and GL coding discrepancies. This includes
analyzing general ledger expense postings when variances to
budgeted figures arise.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure
accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable functions,
oversee daily invoice volumes, and ensure that review and
processing are completed within established department guidelines.
Maintain ownership of accounts payable shared email inbox.
- Review and approve accounting transactions and journal
- Correspond with department heads to ensure correct invoicing &
payments. Provide guidance and support to other departments on
- Interface with AMC shared services team concerning invoice
processing, approval, coding, and payment status.
- Communicate with vendors, suppliers and customers to ensure
- Support AMC and outside audit firm in annual year-end
- Assist the Accounting Manager in supervising a team of 4-5
employees, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Supervise revenue audit and cash/treasury functions and assist
the Cash Office Manager with supervisory responsibilities as
- Enforce safety and data privacy standards in accordance with
company policies and procedures. Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and
can effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and problem-solving skills
and can effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in basic accounting principles, including knowledge
of debits and credits.
- Capable of efficiently allocating resources to meet deadlines
and effectively multitasking and prioritizing.
- Can adapt quickly to changing priorities and can work well
under pressure. Possesses exceptional organizational skills with a
strong attention to detail. Highly self-motivated, works well
independently and as part of a team.Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related
- Three to four years of progressively responsible experience in
an accounting or finance-related role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables,
VLOOKUP, dynamic links, and index matching.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and reporting.Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Accounting
- Experience with Business Intelligence software performing
- Experience with RTP, SMS, and/or the ski resort industry.The
base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the
Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this position.
Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on
various factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort,
LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may
include short-term and long-term incentives and many
region-specific benefits.Base hourly pay range: $24.86 - $32.31 per
hourPhysical Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a
computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly
throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and
office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds
regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and
noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually
moderate.Equipment Used in Job: General office equipment
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Accounting Assistant Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...